Luis Vega

Elite Member
Mar 19, 2008
Leon, Guanajuato Mexico
luisvega.com.mx
"Surprise Gig"
Journal of dec 22​

Dec 22 9:00 pm

Wow...that was an awesome birthday, mostly for the fact that I got some free meals, some great gifts and a lovely girlfriend here with me right now- I said to myself while I look for something to watch on the TV

So why we don´t just rent something- my girl asks
why? we have plenty to watch here... look!! history channel...-
mmm...do you want something for dinner?- she asks
meh... I am not hungry-
Ok...-

So I am just chilling and thinking about the events to come and how everything is going here, not really paying attention to the Price Of History...

Luis!!- a voice downstairs...my brother
Yep?-
You have a phone call-

I quickly answer the phone here upstairs..

Hello!! Luis?--
Yes.. who is this?--
is Pedro...Oscar´s brother.. how are you doing?-
Great man!! here just spending some oxygen.. what´s up?-
dude...you are going to kill me!! some days ago, some people here in my job asked me to invite you to a gig for the christmas party... but I totally forgot to call you, since I believed they were kidding...but it turns out, that when I arrived here, they all wanted to kill me!! can you save my ace?-
Mmm...let me get this straight, you want me to go to a party to perform, you were suppose to schedule with me some days ago...with absolutely no preparation, right now?--
uhm....well I wouldn´t say it like that...but yes..hey!! you only need to do some magic in a couple of tables..and I offer you 100 bucks..- I quickly think this..since I have returned just recently from not doing absolutely no magic for some months, let alone got new tricks or prepare anything, this could be a difficulty...I feel a little rusty for this months doing nothing magic related...this could be disastrous...

Sure!! I´ll be there!!- Or not...
oh!! thanks man!! the place is called Antropia...it´s here in the Moral... it´s a little bar.. hope to see you here!! and well.. really soon..
ok..see ya there-

I hang the phone and I say to myself...this is what I really need to restart my magic...and...I need a shower..

Who was it? - my girlfriend asks..
Oh I have a gig!! can you believe it?-
That´s so cool!! I will finally have the chance to see you in action!!-
wait... you coming?-
well...you want me to come with you?-
Yes...I need a cameraman...or cameragirl..- I say with a cocky grin
shut up!!! hahaha-
Ok...let me get ready and we leave...

While I take a shower...I start to think what I am going to do, regarding tricks and routines...good!! I forgot how cool was to have a creative thinking...

I go out and as I enter my room I quickly realize that my past look with the red and the chains wouldn´t work here...so...I create a new one... a black one...

I set everything..now since it´s been sometime that I did magic, I pack tricks that are more easy, regarding skill and rely more in presentation... strangely, a couple of new routines appear in my mind while packing...nice!!

So ready to go?- I ask my Girlfriend
yeah!!-

10:30 Antropia..

The place was easy to find...it´s very known here...and I quickly find the 2 tables...

Hello!! Luis!! let me introduce you!!- my friend says..
while I am introduced I take a glance at everything surrounding the place, and I realize this will be an easy gig... only 2 tables, and the place is a dessert, some guy singing in the stage, low enough for me to talk freely and good lighting...

I sit down with the first group and I realize I have enough material for the 2 tables without repeating tricks... awesome!

I start with my usual, Sure? and Dissolution and I quickly try the new routine... a combination of an M5 and a glass.. hits very hard... and some gambling demostrations and some rubberband magic I realize the set it´s a little bit disorganized for my taste...but I don´t care, because the people seems very happy and amazed...and I feel that tingling in my body...indicating that my love for perform...has returned...

I end this table with watermark...and I continue to the next one... and this one is awesome too!! some gambling demostrarions and the new coin magic in the Metal Dvd...it didn´t hit hard as I expected...but maybe it just needs me to practice more...I also try a kids magic trick combined... the one that uses a box that has 2 slider in one, to dissapear a coin... then you take it out again and it appears...seems a little silly, but when I combine that with a raven and dissapear the coin in somebodies hand...oh man... they scream!!!

My girlfriend also seems to have a good time and when it ends she tells me that is awesome that people are drawn to me like that!!..I have some talk with the client and the restaurant owner as they seem impressed by me...they want me to return to do some show...maybe later...

As I walk outside with a 100 bucks and a great smile...I feel this is the reason why I started to do magic in the first place (not the 100 bucks of course) but because this sensation of awesomeness I feel..and people has right now..

I invite my girl to dinner some tacos (real tacos- not that taco bell crap) and I say to myself...

"I AM BACK"

DSC00386.jpgDSC00415.jpgDSC00412.jpgDSC00395.jpgDSC00408.jpg

zanethresher

Banned
Dec 31, 2011
I quickly think this..since I have returned just recently from not doing absolutely no magic for some months, let alone got new tricks or prepare anything, this could be a difficulty. I feel a little rusty for this months doing nothing magic relatedthis could be disastrous. I also try a kids magic trick combined... the one that uses a box that has 2 slider in one, to dissapear a coin then you take it out again and it appears seems a little silly, but when I combine that with a raven and dissapear the coin in somebodies hand.

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
Luis,
Loved reading about your return. Double bonus by you including your pics. I like the new look man. You better not be copying my style bro. Just kidding. Welcome back!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results