Getting back into magic

Mar 27, 2008
Hey everyone,
I quit doing magic 2 years ago for some reason, don't remember why. But I'd like to get back into it. I learned a lot of quite technical tricks I never performed to anyone. Relearning the tricks is just a matter of remembering them. But I've been out of this magic world and would like some guidance. Also, maybe one of the reason could've been that I was quite shy and got really nervous when performing, thus I tried to avoid doing tricks in public. Any small routines and other advice is appreciated!

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
Don't start with routines. Pick one trick that's very easy (mechanics-wise) and do it. Then do it again and again and again until you're good at it. Something like Chicago Opener or, say, Poker Player's Picnic from Royal Road to Card Magic. Very simple, little to no sleight of hand, but get good reactions. Then you'll get used to performing and doing things in front of others. Then, down the road, you'll be more comfortable with performance and you can start building routines.

What books do you have, any? If you get a book I would Card College Vol 1. It has easy sleight tricks, That are good! I would say maybe learn three easy tricks, Just in case people want more! You can perform 3 simple tricks and that will be good for starting out. Try to be entertaining with your words more then the trick.

Mar 27, 2008
I have simply sidney by syd segal. Unfortunately, I'm not that good with words, so I was looking guidance on that as well.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results