Would You?

If everything you ever dreamed of was offered to you, and the only thing you had to give up was everything you are comfortable with, and used to in your life, would you lay them down to pursue your ambition? Or would you allow yourself to be content in the comfort of routine, and established mediocrity controlling your ability to achieve more in your life?

Feb 7, 2011
I was puzzled by this when i first read it. I thought, if I were to sacrifice the things in life that give me comfort, id be a mad man. So if i understand the question correctly, my answer is no, i wouldn't sacrifice my friends or family, my home, my dog, my music in order to be a success. I dont know what i want to do with my life, but i want my pursuits to be successful obviously, thats all i know right now. But i would sacrifice none of the above, for anything.

It makes me wonder, what if someone went back in time asked Kurt Cobain this question, after telling him what he'd become.

Apr 25, 2009
Yorktown, VA
The reason why most people don't obtain what they dream of is because they aren't willing to step outside of their comfort zone. I have been doing it for the past four years, and I am seeing the results. So I would say yes, I would be.

formula

Elite Member
Jan 8, 2010
Bit vague but I would give up my current life if a dream was offered to me, even if that meant my life would be turned upside down. I would sacrifice everything to live my dream.

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
If it meant giving up my daily life with my wife and kids NO way. They mean the world to me. If I was single and in an earlier phase of my life, then yes by all means I'd go for it full steam ahead.

RealityOne

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2009
New Jersey
If it meant giving up my daily life with my wife and kids NO way. They mean the world to me. If I was single and in an earlier phase of my life, then yes by all means I'd go for it full steam ahead.

+1 Like. I wouldn't give up the parts of the dream I have to get the parts that I don't.

Oct 20, 2008
Austin, TX area
Who is making the offer? How long does the deal allow you to enjoy everything you have ever dreamed of? How long are you contractually obligated to live out that one snapshot of all your dreams while new goals and desires are repressed?

I'm not saying "no." I made a cross-country move ten years ago to further my life and career - it really was the 'all your dreams' package. I'm just saying the fine print and the future are both very real.

Sep 16, 2011
Leeds, UK
It depends on what level you are giving up things that make you combfortable? If you are talking about Family...which I would assume you arent becasuse that would be a silly question really seeing as you would have to be a complete idiot to ditch family. If you are talking about maybe, your regular gigs for something that could possably reallyput you on the map or something then the answer wouldn't neccessarily be yes...but it would have to be considered. If you turned it down would you forever be wondering, What if? if it didn't work out would be ok with the fact that you tried.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results