Loops in Bulk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 1, 2009
I just got my first pack of loops in the mail and I can't believe I didn't get them earlier! Anyway, obviously they are a little hard to take care of if you're not careful, and I already broke one (whoopsie). Is there any place I can buy them in bulk, instead of just the typical 5 pack? Also, I know Yigal has some dvds on using loops, and E has that 3 dvd set with Garcia, Miller and Kranzo. Which one do you guys think is better? Or offer some other products if these don't cut it. I would greatly appreciate it, thanks!

Mar 6, 2008
A Land Down Under
You can tie your own using, a few different methods the million dollar knot is not bad, and at penguin you get the download for free when you by a spool of their thread. I would recommend trying that then going to a better thread .

Jun 1, 2009
Thanks for the replies guys!

D Ice R: So for better thread what would you recommend? I know Dan and Dave have some invisible thread on their site.

Redi: Thanks for the video. And 70 bucks to learn to tie loops? Is that ALL it teaches you?

Nov 7, 2009
Paris, France
It's only telling you how to tie loops, the Trinity system is a rig allowing you to tie loop in 10 seconds. I have it, and it works. It's great quality as well. Just don't buy their invisible thread, it's visible infortunately, a lot more than Mesika's. I would recommend the Vectra one though, it's the best invisible/strength ratio imho.

Apr 25, 2009
Yorktown, VA
Redi: Thanks for the video. And 70 bucks to learn to tie loops? Is that ALL it teaches you?

As SleightedMind said, it is a tool to help you tie them quickly and effectively. I recommend it if you are doing a lot of work with elastic threads.

SleightedMind, where do you Vectra from?

Jun 1, 2009
Oh ok, gotcha. Well if it gets the job done then it will be a good investment. I'll look into that Vectra thread. I'll buy it once I actually start doing more thread work. Also, does anyone have any experience with DVDs or books that teach effects with loops? I mentioned two earlier and was wondering if I could get someone's opinion on them.

Nov 7, 2009
Paris, France
I don't remember where I bought it but you can google it easily :) full name is EVE triple vectra elastic thread. You DO have to strip it, but it allows more control over strength/visibility, so for me it's a plus.

Hope it helps ;)

Apr 9, 2018
As SleightedMind said, it is a tool to help you tie them quickly and effectively. I recommend it if you are doing a lot of work with elastic threads.

SleightedMind, where do you Vectra from?
You can get Vectra and other versions of it at emagicsupply.com.

-iD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results