Something different than the usual Ambitious!

Jan 20, 2012
I currently have about 6 card effects which I have excelled in and perform all the time! They include Ambitious Card, 2 Card Monte, Colombo Clincher , Witness , Autograph. I am in need of a new card effect that is relatively inexpensive and is a great crowd pleaser, please no amateur effects though, any help would be appreciated!

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
My recommendation would be a sloppy triumph routine, a TNR, or an Anniversary Waltz perhaps to go along with the list that you have thus far.

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
I currently have about 6 card effects which I have excelled in and perform all the time! They include Ambitious Card, 2 Card Monte, Colombo Clincher , Witness , Autograph. I am in need of a new card effect that is relatively inexpensive and is a great crowd pleaser, please no amateur effects though, any help would be appreciated!

The performer is the crowd pleaser, not the trick. Amateur is also usually defined by the performer. Price shouldn't really be a factor when considering good effects.

Without some idea of what you're looking to accomplish then anything you add to your repertoire just because someone else says it's good is a crap shoot. You may like it, you may not. You may be able to make it a good trick, you may not. It may be a complete waste of money for you.

As a general suggestion I think Tony Chang's material is pretty good.

Jan 20, 2012
Thanks man! Great advice! I understand what you mean and I know that the performer really does make the magic happen. Like I always say Magic is 5% trickery, 95% entertaining

Nov 29, 2011
One can never go wrong with the Biddle trick, and there are TONS AND TONS AND TONS of material and sources out there. If you do just a little research you'll find all these tons.

Jan 20, 2012
Thanks for the replies guys and my Colombo Clincher is a variation of the biddle which in my opinion is 10x greater but I dont know if many people have even heard of Colombo, and chicago opener! i completely forgot about this effect! Much thanks!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results