Domico Double Lift

Nov 27, 2009
Can anyone on this forum do this move? It's in Arthur Buckley's Card Control on page 14. If you can, is there a secret? I'm trying to learn the move, and, as I expected, it's extremely difficult.

Josh Burch

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2011
Utah
I can't find any examples of this on line either. I get the movement and it looks like it would look really nice. It doesn't look very deceptive to me though, at least in my hands.

Nov 27, 2009
The cards always split on me at the point where they flip around. If you're looking at Card Control, I have trouble at the transition between fig. 4 and fig. 5 on page 15. I can't get the cards to stay together. (BTW, this is one of those things I'm learning just because I can. I'll probably never use it with anyone other than magicians.)

Jan 20, 2009
California
trying keeping your thumb and forefinger close together pretty much touching(when the card it being turned over)
i had the same problem and that is what worked for me, i can probably hit it 9 out of 10 times, it will take sometime
also do not use a new deck because it becomes almost impossible. also im in the same boat as you
i only use it for magicians only because every now and then the cards will still spilt

Apr 20, 2010
It doesn't seem as practical or deceptive as a simple strike double or any double where you simply turn over the card. Maybe this is just my opinion, but I think doubles that are designed to be flashy (diving board, I'm looking at you) are not very convincing. Why would you turn two cards over differently than you would turn one card over? I can understand occasional variation, but something like this might be too flashy.

Maybe it's just me.

Jan 20, 2009
California
It doesn't seem as practical or deceptive as a simple strike double or any double where you simply turn over the card. Maybe this is just my opinion, but I think doubles that are designed to be flashy (diving board, I'm looking at you) are not very convincing. Why would you turn two cards over differently than you would turn one card over? I can understand occasional variation, but something like this might be too flashy.

Maybe it's just me.
you are right and that that is one of the reasons i would not use it in a paid performance, but for for magicians
i use it all the time.

Nov 27, 2009
Thanks!

Maybe it's just me.

Like Rich, I agree with you. I use the Stuart Gordon Double all the time, along with other simple lifts. I'm learning this for the sake of learning something, and to keep that "muscle" strong. (also I think it'd be cool as a show-off move.)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results