Video interviews about skepticism and teenagers.

Aug 19, 2009
I'm doing a project right now on magic, and I would like some of your help. Do you guys recall any interviews with magicians about skepticism in audiences and perhaps the differences between performing for different age groups?

May 15, 2010
With Gerard Way
I don't have a clue man. Sorry. Thinking about teenagers though, we are so much in an environment (high school) where we must be sharp because as much as we are with people we are against people just with the surrounding and I think that's why many teenagers feel the need to speak up even if they don't have a clue how something is done. If that makes sense. I talk about this stuff a lot. Good luck on the project.

Nov 27, 2009
I can only think of David Kaye's talk at EMC as far as performing for different age groups goes, but that's probably too young for what you're looking for.

As far as skepticism from teenagers goes, I must ask, have you ever performed for middle schoolers? particularly middle-school girls? They are brutal. If you flash one bit and they catch it, they're all over you! If that's not being skeptical, I don't know what is. In my mind, someone trying to catch a magician comes from three things, poor performance, the belief that magic is puzzles to be solved, and skepticism. Any of those seem to result in the person being a heckler and telling you how you do your tricks.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results