My take on the Coin in Bottle

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
A little grainy? It looks like it was filmed through Saran wrap.

The basic effect looks good, very clean. But I'm leery any time I see something done for just a web cam, it makes me think it won't work for the real world. How are the angles? What's the set up like? How difficult is the gimmick to acquire? Can the bottle be examined before and after?

Aug 31, 2007
Long Island/New York
Interesting! Is that an original method? Looks kind of like Dalton Wayne's Osmosis but with a water bottle instead of a can.

Didn't like the video too much. Sorry.
I'm mostly just commenting here because I saw wZEnigma signature and was laughing that he quoted me for that from such a long time ago. Haha.

Jun 10, 2008
Newcastle upon Tyne
Not a huge fan of the water drops splashing out when the coin goes in, it sort of telegraphs the method (As I presume it), and even if it doesn't, it would certainly lead the spectator to think that something fishy was going on, which is bad enough. Also, as ChristopherT asked, can the bottle be examined at all?

JohnShack

Elite Member
Feb 3, 2011
Oklahoma City, OK
Well Before I go overboard and reveal anything, I am intending on releasing this as a free download for the wire.

But to answer some questions,

The Effect is angle proof

The Way I perform the routine I Start with a sealed bottle and drink from it casually so I haven't had any problems with anyone thinking something is fishy, although the bottle cannot be examined it is a powerful "on the fly" kind of thing and again I haven't been questioned.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results