Thank You theory11 Team

It's the little things that we do for each other that make life more livable sometimes. Also it's usually the good, nice, or otherwise helpful things that get the least praise publicly. It's for that reason that I wanted to create this thread, if for no other reason, than to let everyone know that there are some good guys working behind the scenes of Theory11, and their efforts need to be given attention.

About 7am this morning my computer completed its routine scans and updates. It located a few viruses and other problems that it needed to fix. Everything looked routine until I rebooted. The hard drive crashed, and the only way to save it was to restore it to factory settings. This means I lost everything... EVERYTHING!

Regrettably (and I know this is my fault) my last total hard drive back up was about a year old. So the good news is I got back most of my media, music, movies, and documents, but I lost about (rough estimate) 8 gigs worth of files, movies, magic tricks, pdf's, and essays (including my improv the world file) that I'll never be able to replace.

In this madness steps up Lyle on his own accord. I didn't ask him for help, he asked me if he could. He set me up immediately with downloads to everything I've ordered (downloadable) through Theory11 since I joined. He even replaced my How to Get Gigs pdf which I also lost in the crash! For FREE! Thanks to him I was able to recover some of my lost magic files making my loss today more tolerable.

Theory11 didn't have to be the good guys here. Lyle didn't have to reach out to me. But they did. It's reasons like this that I remain fiercely loyal to Theory11 both as a customer and as a proud member of this forum.

Props guys. Thank you.

I agree,

The best thing about this site is the informality of things.

I've submitted a support ticket recently and both Lyle and JB made it all like working with a mate, rather than people running a company.

I can't imagine the amount of nonsense they have to deal with, but William, I think you've highlighted a good point here. Good support = loyal customers.

Lyle Borders

Elite Member
Aug 5, 2008
Seattle, WA
www.theory11.com
Haha, this made my morning. I am glad I could help. We have all been in the situation of having to deal with the machine of the corporate world. I've spent many hours waiting on the phone for a customer service person to answer, only to be squashed like a bug because I am only one of a billion customers. It is a terrible feeling.

To us, you aren't just customers. You all deserve the respect that comes with being paying customers, but you all also deserve more than that. You are the reason the theory11 team exists. You are our friends in the magic community. You are our inspirations. When I see a Facebook post from William about his computer crash, and having lots of lost files, I know that he may well have lost theory11 downloads. It only takes me seconds to push a couple of buttons so that he can get his download files again. It is a super easy thing to do. William was having a not-so-great day, and it was the least we could do to show him that we are there for him.

We would do the same for any of you if we had the opportunity. You are our loyal customers, our friends, our family, and the reason we strive so hard to make sure that everything we produce is absolutely top notch. You all deserve the best. We do everything we can to deliver it.

Thank you all for being awesome! You are the best!

Lyle

Dec 18, 2007
Northampton, MA - USA
The community as a whole, has it's moments of grace. The one thing I've noticed most however, is the new generation of Magic (those under 35ish) tend to have a far more gracious soul when it comes to actually "helping thy fellow man" -- I hope this trend continues, not just here but globally.

Apr 27, 2010
baller08.blogspot.com
That's so cool. What a great thing for Lyle and the T11 team to be willing to do. Sorry to hear about the crash, William, but great testimonial about the quality of service of T11. More companies today should take a lesson on customer focus from them.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results