STOMP by Adam Rose

Jan 17, 2010
Kentucky
Hey guys (and girls). I thought that I would stop by and give a review of Stomp by Adam Rose. With friendship aside, I want to give this the most honest review that I can. This isn't a review that I'm going to spend 2 hours on organizing. I'm just going to write. So here it is:

What it looks like:
You first have a spectator take a selection and sign it and place it back into the pack. It is then shuffled and spread out on the ground. As you run your foot along side of the pack the spectator is to say stop at any time. The performer then stomps on the cards around the area that they had stopped him at. You then take off your shoe, after showing that there is nothing on the bottom of it, to have the selection inside the shoe. SIGNED.

Thoughts:
Well, this might not be the most visually insane trick out there, but just because something is crazy visual doesn't mean that it is a worker. This trick is. Now this trick doesn't have any real setup, which setup is NOT a bad thing. Without giving to much of it away, this is what misdirection is all about. I'm really impressed about how things "flow" together. Everything seems to be really well motivated. The trick itself doesn't have any hard moves and really only one or two things in it that I would consider "sleights." The angles of this are good. You don't want to have anybody standing behind you or on either far side BUT with the right misdirection it is possible. I don't think shoes will be an issue for anybody. I've tried this out with a simple pair of running shoes and it worked great.

So it isn't difficult to do. I'm not going to go over production value as far as Ellusionist goes. You know what you are getting. When Adam explains things, he goes into every detail to make sure that you understand what is happening and why it is happening. Misdirection is covered as well as the couple of sleights and angles. This isn't something hard to do people. Get this, watch it, and you will ask yourself why you didn't come up with it. Again, nothing crazy visual and popping, but yet something practical, motivated, simple, and a great trick to put into your performances. I see myself performing this a lot. For the price and what you are getting, it is hard to beat. Great job Adam.

Cody Nottingham

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results