Saturday Night Contest - A Letter To theory11

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
What’s going on people! We’ve got a super fun one comin’ at ya tonight!

Before we get started, a lot of our members have been messaging and emailing us about the state of The Insider and Expose. Well, you will love to hear that both of them have been merged to create an even better, jam packed show – Expose 2.0! We would also love to welcome new theory11 interactive member Rob Anderson, who is also a host on the new show!

For tonight’s contest, it’s all about the creativity – and this is different from any SNC we have ever done before. We found a really cool picture around the day of Valentine’s, featuring a letter including all the different names of candy as regular words. Here is what that letter looks like!

upload.png

But we don’t want you guys to write a letter with the names of candy, we want you guys to write a letter that includes the names of ANY theory11 project – decks, DVDs, Downloads, Gear, you name it! All you have to do is include as many project titles as possible in your letter, following the format of the image posted above. We want you to get creative, and make it extremely funny. Bold the names if you can of the project titles used in your response, like this: She dumped me, so now I am Solo - forever alone.

Post your letter in response to THIS forum thread by 11:00pm EST tonight. The funniest, most creative letter to theory11 will take home the prize. What is the prize you ask? A 6 Pack of ANY in-stock deck, of your choice!

This contest is going to be so awesome it will make me do 100 Balean Twists! (see what I did there?) Get started on your letters!

Feb 12, 2012
Can't wait! but when you say "in the format above" you don't mean the same words, you mean make it up in the format of a letter to someone, right?

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
Can't wait! but when you say "in the format above" you don't mean the same words, you mean make it up in the format of a letter to someone, right?

Use the names of any theory11 project we have ever done. Create a new "story" in your letter with any project titles of your choice. Here is another example of what you could do, and I'm only using one line as an example:

Dear theory11,

I suddenly went Colorblind; all the colors of the world have gone up in Smoke - almost like a Digital Dissolve.

Hopefully this has helped everyone even further!

Sep 3, 2011
Middle of nowhere NY
Brief question, although I'm not yet sure if I'll be participating-- can the letter be in text format, as in, a post response to this thread, or must we construct something and take a picture of it, as per the valentine's day letter picture above?

I think it's the former, but I just wanted to make sure.

magicollie

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2007
You know, I was actually robbed the other day. I was taking £200 out of a cash machine and a thief ran by and took The Whole Thing. I got a Glipse of the thief as he ran off. He had a Twitch and a loose Thread hanging from his jacket. He smelt of Smoke and his jeans were old and battered, he seemed like a Dangerous man. He left while I was still disorientated and ran to a nearby Stairway. I approached a Witness to try and asked if she saw the face of the guy as I could remember what happened in Realtime. I didn't have much faith in her as she seemed Detached from the situation and she said that her memory was Distorted. I ran down the stairs after the thief and managed to catch him in the Subway, in Transit. I had to Control myself and take him calmly to the police andthensome justice was served as he was put behind bars.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dec 31, 2011
SNC Entry

Here goes nothing.
Dear valentine,
i would just like to say i am really happy since we have been together, my Twitch has stopped. I think since we have been together you have Ref4m me into a whole new person. Every time you talk to me i hear a Symphony and i go Colorblind, i think i am blind now. I dont think we will ever be divided. Also thank you for the Fancy Band and the new GPS you gifted me last week. Once you have read and witnessed thuis letter i would like you to come and meet me at Subway.
Hope you have a Static Valentines Day

Oct 15, 2011
I woke up this morning a little detached from the world but then I thought, "If I get on theory11 my lonelyness might be eclipsed by the great community and awesome media,". Then as soon as I got on I sniffed some smoke because there was a new webshow in town, believe it or not Expose was completely revamped this made me feel a little vertigo as I turned it on, as I watched I was sure Andrei had an invisible deck of the upcoming designs but I couldn't see it, in the end I was even more stoked and looking for more. Then I thought of how much theory11 has done for me and helped me make my foundations in magic and all the other things andthensome they given me, so I decided to face the pressure and right this letter in thanks.

With love to the whole theory11 crew
Shea

Feb 12, 2012
Dear Ex-girlfriend,

Our relationship was so PURE It was like a STRIKE to the heart when we broke up. I thought we had the WHOLE THING, no PRESSURE, until we had a FALSE OVER HAND SHUFFLE DEAD CUT. It’s like I’m seeing a MIRAGE, SMOKE, the DETACH was a BALEAN TWIST. My feelings are UNTITLED, FIVE months ago we had a strong FOUNDATION, now I’m BLIND. A REDLINE has cut through our CENTER DEAL. This is like a RIOT, there is a BREACH INFLIGHT. We hit ANGLE ZERO. I am now DANGEROUS. I will never BELIEVE that this HOLE THING in my REALTIME heart can DIGITAL DISSOLVE with this MISSING LINK. My heart will never have the TNR effect this STEAMPUNK needs. Riding my BICYCLE doesn’t make me happy anymore. I’m like a BEE and my STINGERS are SENTINELS. I am not an UNCUT SHEET. IPREDICT my VERTIGO won’t TRANSIT somewhere else, REALTIME. My SPLIT SPADES need to REF4M, and my DISTORTION needs to FLICKR away. My feelings are a very SHIFTY-RISING CARD.

Justin.Morris

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2007
Canada
www.morrismagic.ca
Dear Theory 11 team,
As I was riding the TRANSIT home one day (the SUBWAY), I was thinking recently about how much I want to advance my craft, not just one part, but the WHOLE THING. I needed to build on my FOUNDATIONS. And I know there isn’t a simple BLUEPRINT to follow, but I wasn’t sure exactly WHAT TO READ. I was thinking that I could find everything I need from other websites, however, I realized that they were only a MIRAGE, making me COLORBLIND from all their SMOKE and mirrors, so I had to DETACH myself from them. iPREDICTed that Theory 11 could meet my every need, and I was right. I have found the skills to be a better professional ANDTHENSOME by hearing from others in the industry who love to share their experience. I was encouraged to take CONTROL 2.0 stop wasting time playing in my FANCY BAND (It’s not like we were ever going to play in a SYMPHONY), and get with the right DRESSCODE and play the part. I have learned to hone my sleight of hand, CRUSHing my bad habbits, by being able to share my videos for others to critique. I have been able to inflate my ego by challenging others to a Battle. I have been able to challenge my pursuit of artistry by discussing and reading in the Cerca trova thread. This helps me to not just be another COOKIE CUTTER magician. Then I realized that I was under PRESSURE from my wife to stop spending so much money and start making more money. Now I love Theory 11, but I love my wife more, and I TWITCH thinking about being EXILEd and going through life SOLO, so I started to cut back my spending. I felt DIVIDED, and just when I thought I would have to stop spending so much time at Theory 11, you opened the long awaited Wire. Now I will be able to increase my income; 60% PURE PROPHET. You have not only REF4Med my magic, but I BELIEVE that you even saved my marriage. My wife doesn’t care about the money but appreciates the security. Our relationship is brand new again. It’s irony like a second GENESIS; a GESESIS v2 if you will. A STAIRWAY to a new height in our relationship. You are indeed wonderful! I didn’t even realize that my relationship was so STATIC before, but I WITNESSed the DISTORTION that made me BLIND before. I am filled with so much excitement, it’s like the FLICKER of VERTIGO from standing on top of a HIGHRISE. Being stuck in a rut is a DANGEROUS place to be, but you have encouraged me to be like a bird INFLIGHT. This was not a SIMPLE TRIUMPH, but one that took a lot of work.
Thanks Theory 11, you were my MISSING LINK.
Justin Morris

Mar 3, 2012
I did not read the post correctly. I sent a message instead of replying like this. Will my submission still be counted?

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
Brief question, although I'm not yet sure if I'll be participating-- can the letter be in text format, as in, a post response to this thread, or must we construct something and take a picture of it, as per the valentine's day letter picture above?

I think it's the former, but I just wanted to make sure.

The letter should be in text format, but you can construct something if you want!

Mar 3, 2012
So last winter, me and my girlfriend were driving on the HIGHWAY in FLORENCE when my car broke down. I tried to REPAIR it but all I did was DETACH the wheel, which made something else BREAK. We were feeling DANGEROUS so we went to explore an ISOLATED house out by the CLIFF. On the edge of the cliff, there was a garden with a nice BIRDBATH that had some dead BEEs and a frozen MONARCHS butterfly. There was also a FROZEN WATERFALL. Looking over the edge made me get VIRTIGO, it was like standing on the roof of a HIGHRISE. We felt like REBELs so we went inside the house. The PAINT was very TACKY. The kitchen had drawings on the table that were SCRIBBLEd out with PERMANENT INK. The writer really needed to learn how to SPELL. It was late so we went upstairs to find a bedroom. I was in the MOOD so I UNBUTTONED my shirt, hoping to get a SNEAK PEAK, SMASH, get her to BITEME, and make a POPSANDWICH. My plan was FLAWLESS so I started to TOUCH her. Somewhere in my plan I FUMBLEd and she flipped out and left. It was all IMADNESS but i guess it was FATE because now I am married. Good thing I broke the FRIENDSHIP BAND between us because she was a CONTROL FREAK and i KNEW IT. My new wife has a great SOLE!

haha! hope you enjoy!

theSunnyG

Elite Member
Mar 3, 2012
Dear Theory11,

I would like to share what I call:
The Toilet Experience

I hate AirPlane food.
I felt a large TWITCH in my stomach after dinner INFLIGHT. I snuck to the toilet, iPREDICT it was just going to be a PURE easy POP OUT MOVE and I'd be done. I'd dropped my pants, DIVIDED my legs, pushed on THE HOLE THING before releasing a BOTTOM DEAL. FIVE splashes and I thought I'd BEE done. I turned to see there was SMOKE coming from THE WHOLE THING. It was not over, it was the beginning; GENESIS. Never had I needed to lay FOUNDATIONS whilst in TRANSIT before.

Before laying down the second round of PRESSURE, I prayed for it to BE KIND CHANGE to my COOKIE CUTTER. Before the RIOT below began, I gripped the edge of the sink before releasing an anal SYMPHONY. As the SLIPSHOT started flying out my REVOLVER splashing causing a DIGITAL DSSOLVE, I went BLIND - I swear I BELIEVE I saw GUARDIANS watching from above as though I was going to join them as the new PROPHET Sir Crapalot.

The final STRIKE was by far the hardest. It hung there not wanting to DETACH as though it had VERTIGO - one may even say it was an 'UNCUT SHEET'. To complete the DEAD CUT downstairs and EXILE this BREACH of human matter, I shifted my hips to ANGLE ZERO before performing a MOLECULE CUT.

It was over. THE WERM was complete.

As I turned to WITNESS the total ECLIPSE in the bowl, expecting to see an epic fail, I must have turned COLOR BLIND as all I saw was, BROWN WYNN AND THEN SOME.

Before flushing, I waved TALLY HO to that HELLBOUND SPELLBOUND. To remember this experience I still have a REDLINE WATERMARK on my briefs.

And this is the story of my SOLO adventure ending in a SLOPPY SHUFFLE TRIUMPH (Although I ended up in hospital to REPAIR THE HOLE THING)

TheSunnyG

:D;):D

Justin.Morris

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2007
Canada
www.morrismagic.ca
Oh my, that was awesome. Lol

I call this
The Toilet Experience

I hate AirPlane food.
I felt a large TWITCH in my stomach after dinner INFLIGHT. I snuck to the toilet, iPREDICT it was just going to be a PURE easy POP OUT MOVE and I'd be done. I'd dropped my pants, DIVIDED my legs, pushed on THE HOLE THING before releasing a BOTTOM DEAL. FIVE splashes and I thought I'd BEE done. I turned to see there was SMOKE coming from THE WHOLE THING. It was not over, it was the beginning; GENESIS. Never had I needed to lay FOUNDATIONS whilst in TRANSIT before.

Before laying down the second round of PRESSURE, I prayed for it to BE KIND CHANGE to my COOKIE CUTTER. Before the RIOT below began, I gripped the edge of the sink before releasing an anal SYMPHONY. As the SLIPSHOT started flying out my REVOLVER splashing causing a DIGITAL DSSOLVE, I went BLIND - I swear I BELIEVE I saw GUARDIANS watching from above as though I was going to join them as the new PROPHET Sir Crapalot.

The final STRIKE was by far the hardest. It hung there not wanting to DETACH as though it had VERTIGO - one may even say it was an 'UNCUT SHEET'. To complete the DEAD CUT downstairs and EXILE this BREACH of human matter, I shifted my hips to ANGLE ZERO before performing a MOLECULE CUT.

It was over. THE WERM was complete.

As I turned to WITNESS the total ECLIPSE in the bowl, expecting to see an epic fail, I must have turned COLOR BLIND as all I saw was, BROWN WYNN AND THEN SOME.

Before flushing, I waved TALLY HO to that HELLBOUND SPELLBOUND. To remember this experience I still have a REDLINE WATERMARK on my briefs.

And this is the story of my SOLO adventure ending in a SLOPPY SHUFFLE TRIUMPH (Although I ended up in hospital to REPAIR THE HOLE THING)

:D;):D

Josh Burch

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2011
Utah
This is my love letter to theory11 :)

Dearest Theory11,
From the GENESIS of our FRIENDSHIP BAND I knew that you were the COINONE for me. I know lately I have been a bit DETATCHED but iPREDICT that our relationship, the WHOLE THING, will become as PURE as a SYMPHANY in a FLICKER with only a bit more PRESSURE.
I thought I saw a GLITCH in the CENTER of this DEAL but perhaps I was BLIND B4. CUT out the BLUFF PASSes and show me what you really BELIEVE. So you like BALLEt, EN TWISTing isn't my thing. You know hIgh RISE to the ocasion when AKIRA cry for help. JUST THINK we cannot live DIVIDED, and SOLO. Just being together is a SIMPLE TRIUMPH.

In order to make sure our love never gets OUT OF CONTROL, I created this BLUEPRINT. These FIVE steps will give us the CONTROL 2 POP OUT and MOVE on.
1. We need to HARBOR CHANGE, it's not DANGEROUS.
2. We will always BE KIND. CHANGE is inevitable but the SWISS MADE REVOLVER is never an option.
3. We need to learn WHAT TO READ into and what to leave ISOLATED
4. We can walk this STAIRWAY and have a RIOT without a BREACH in our friendship
5.We might not know our FATE but we can STOP these FRACTURES right here before they be come a ROYAL RIP

I don't want to REF4M this relationship I just don't want our problems to ECLIPSE the almost FLAWLESS bond we share.

I'll PUSH OFF our SECOND DEAL with these final words. If you will BEE my SENTINAL, FOUNDATION and my UNICOIN INFLIGHT, I will be your GUARDIAN and MONARCH.

Josh

Jun 22, 2011
Chicago
Dear theory11:
So I'm sitting on my couch, watching TV all day Andthensome, when I see Smoke coming from my cable box. "OK" I think, "I Believe it's time for a VCR Change. I get my coat and my hat, I put my key in my Five Speed rocket propelled moped, the only Transit available to me, and I head to the store. On my way there, I see a Flicker of light in the window of a restaurant. My stomach rumbles. "Ohh, why not?" I think. I walk in, and on the TV screen in the corner of the room is a Commercial for a new type of Cookie Cutter. "Just Detach the factory sealed Rice Papers from your set, and Witness a..." Just then, STATIC takes over the screen. "Dang. I really wanted to get my pet turtle that for his birthday," I said. Well, I guess I can live without it. I reach in my Backpack and take out my Blueprint for my plans for that night. First the VCR. Then, to the Bicycle store for a new way to get to my BEE farming class. I order a CRUSH pop, a Dangerous jalapeno soup, and a cheesecake. After the waitress takes my order, I DIVIDED the bread roll handed to me, and gave half of it to the gorilla sitting at the table next to me. He accepts, and right after the first bite, right before my very eyes, I see the Gorilla Change into a Prophet. "Very soon," he says, "You are going to update your VCR into a DVR." Oh that's right! I need to get there B4CUTs are made to the merchandise and they all sell out. I run out of the restaurant, tell my GUARDIANS that are waiting for me outside to finish my food for me, and use ALCHEMY to change my moped into a Volkswagon Buggy. The Distortion before my eyes reminds me of a smurf turning into a popsicle. Such a great episode. Anyway, I race to the store, walk in, and see only FIVE people in the entire room. "Aww man, I even LIT my rocket just to get here quicker. Better safe than sorry." Just then, an employee walks up to me and says, "We're sorry, you have activated the All-Mart DRESSCODE violation system. Please remove your pants to continue." "Whatever," I think, "At least I'm wearing my Gypsy Thread boxers today." I take them off, only to find that THE WHOLE THING is a hoax by Howie Mandel to get me to buy that Swiss Made cookie cutter. I Twitch, debating whether or not I should cry, scream, or dance that Howie Mandel talked to me. I just pray that everyone is BLIND and don't see me. Well, this could have gone a lot worse. I put my pants back on, go to my moped, and find that there's a Missing Link in the PRESSURE gauge. Really? This just has been a Hellbound Spellbound day. I jump on the Subway, then take the STAIRWAY back to my apartment. I finally sit down, and I hear a rip from down below. "Great. A THREAD broke in my boxers. I sigh. My VCR is still smoking. "WHAT TO READ?" I think to myself. I look at my options. The Lord of the Rings TRILOGY it is. I turn to the first page and see... a Redline running through the entire page. I give up. I take my Revolver.... and shoot the alarm clock that just woke me up from this Realtime dream.

yoman125

Elite Member
Dec 20, 2010
Jakarta+Singapore
In year 2040,Sentinel Ace and his friend Sentinel King were planning to ride a Bicycle to the outer space. Because Sentinel Ace have a way to open up a Black hole to go to the space.Sentinel, the son of Sentinel Ace and his team, which consist of Bee, DeckONE, Stingers,White Centurion, Guardian, Steampunk and Tally-Ho told Sentinel dad that they have receive SiGNAL from Alien. The Whole Thing is about when they can finish repAIR their super crazy EOLO Bicycle Space Shuttle. Due to Sentinel carelessness, they lost their GPS to track where the black hole is located. Their mind is Distorted, they have to Control their anger and they have to look at What to read in case of emergency. They lost their Blue print due to the last Riot and Strike they are Stuck and forced with Revolver to take their Backpack with Rice paper as ration. Now they have a lot of Pressure due to the new Election of the new Head of the King. After their last eXile, the country is Divided into two Untitled Force. Sentinel Ace have lead a new independent and Dangerous Rebel force called Prophet, to make them Believe the country will be free from corruption with his ruling. Sentinel Ace has been assasinated into Sentinel Uncut Sheet. Sentinel King promises his son and his team that they will revenge for Sentinel Ace! The End

*I know the story doesn't make sense lol. But nice try i guess, Good Luck.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results