Anyone up for the challenge

Nov 27, 2009
394660_10150414238411765_72947896764_8674751_391443077_n.jpg

Here's the next big trick for you stage magicians. Walk across a bed of loose Legos. We magicians can walk on glass, and coals, but I've never heard of anyone walking on Legos. If anyone can figure out a way to do it without great pain, I'd like to see a video. (Wearing shoes is cheating!)

Oct 15, 2011
Dude I did this all the time when I was a kid. (dirty room + about 100,000 legos = not good)

Aug 20, 2010
Practicing
Actually, I think if you really walked across them a lot you would build up some really tough calluses on your feet and toes. It'd probably still hurt though...

Oct 27, 2011
India
Walking on coal's easy cause it take time for the heat to reach your legs and by that time one has already walked off. Legos?..........................One receives pain the exact moment one steps on it and it continues. So i'd agree.
IMPOSSIBLE!!

(Source:personal Experience)

-Punyesh

Dec 18, 2007
Northampton, MA - USA
Walking on coal's easy cause it take time for the heat to reach your legs and by that time one has already walked off. Legos?..........................One receives pain the exact moment one steps on it and it continues. So i'd agree.
IMPOSSIBLE!!

(Source:personal Experience)

-Punyesh

Actually Walking on Coals has nothing to do with your theory, Punyesh and more to do with mind-set and how fast you move across them. To date I've not seen any magician actually do this stunt in the way the various shaman do it -- very slow and even dancing across some exceptionally hot stone, some of it still flaming and in at least one culture that I'm aware of, they do it on lava flows that have a thin crusting . . . a surface that's far hotter than the charcoal or wood chunk used in the commercial demonstrations.

Fire Walkers from the show biz side of things used to powder their feet (and other body parts) with Alum which is a heat retardant. You must be careful with this version however, in that too much use over large portions of the body on a regular basis can result in kidney failure and other chronic conditions.

The building of callouses is one method or "explanation" tied to both, Fire & Glass walking and it would most certainly work with Legos. My current conundrum is learning to walk on cat food that my cat string all over the house for me to step on in my bare feet, in the middle of the night -- Science Diet is painful!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results