Alpha Cards by Jesse Feinberg

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
Hey, I saw these things over at Penguin, and they look simply awesome. In case you don't want to venture over to the Bird, they are basically cards that visually change into a different card with heat. You seriously have to see the demo to believe it... it's more visual and looks a lot cleaner than Wow by Masuda, if that puts it into perspective.

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
My bad. I thought the people would be intelligent enough to at least call the effect by its proper name. I apologize for my stupidity.

Sep 1, 2007
To be quite honest, I don't think the effect looks that great.

For starters, the faces of the cards don't even resemble the regular faces of a Bicycle deck.

The effect has potential defiantely but it needs to be revised.

Just to put this into perspective, it is a very nice effect and something that is new on the market but, I've personally tried and used these cards, and it is not as great as it seems.

It is new and innovative and very cool but, when you rub the spades it doesn't become fully invisible...as well some of the hearts are upside down, and they change with barely any heat so keeping it in a deck and handling it may change it. And when they change, you can tell that it's not actually hearts jsut due to the fact some of the ink just fades and doesn't completely change (mainly the "tails" of the spades.)

They are definetely cool and innovative but, I think a more careful process should have been done to create them.

-RA69

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results