Sticky by Kevin Schaller and Oliver Smith

magicollie

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2007
Hi everyone,

Me and Kevin Schaller met via the wire many months ago and since then we have thrown ideas back and fourth. We started to create tricks with chewing gum and worked on many different effects until we settled on four of our favorites to release on DVD. This is a great example of how the wire can bring artists together. Please check it out and tell us what you think!

Torn & Fuzed:
Show a silver pack of gum and a different colored piece of foil from another pack. Visually make the colored piece fuse onto the silver foil, leaving it completely examinable and hand it out as an impossible souvenir.

Push Through:
Display a piece of gum inside one compartment of the gum pack. Have a spectator cup his hands underneath and visually push the gum through the compartment without any holes or slits leaving everything examinable.

Marked:
Mark one compartment of the gum pack as your prediction with an X. Have a spectator draw an X onto any compartment on the other side and show it matches with your prediction.

MentalGum:
Explain that there is only one piece of gum left inside the pack and have a spectator freely select a row and a compartment. Display that the last piece is sealed inside the exact location they just chose.
No force – any compartment can be named.

"Great pieces of astonishments with a fresh taste. Watch out for these kids." - Peter Eggink

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7otVAu0C2ys

Raw performance of Mentalgum: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dn3Q_wUwuNE

Will be available soon!

Oliver Smith

formula

Elite Member
Jan 8, 2010
The effects look pretty good, but I don't get why everyone is making tricks with these trays of chewing gum. I have never met someone carrying a pack like that so the sudden popularity seems strange to me.

Feb 12, 2012
These effects are so hard hitting and strong! I love how you applied concepts to everyday chewing gum. This is the best you can get with gum effects.

Sep 18, 2011
The effects look pretty good, but I don't get why everyone is making tricks with these trays of chewing gum. I have never met someone carrying a pack like that so the sudden popularity seems strange to me.

Thanks for your posting. I don't know where you are from, but in my country this type of gum is really popular and available everywhere. If you don't have friends carrying them around, why don't you just have one in your pocket? :)

Kevin

Josh Burch

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2011
Utah
Thanks for your posting. I don't know where you are from, but in my country this type of gum is really popular and available everywhere. If you don't have friends carrying them around, why don't you just have one in your pocket? :)

Kevin

Yeah, around where I live most people have this kinda gum on them. If they don't it is readily available so it isn't strange when you see it pull it out of your pocket :)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results