Has this been done before/Would it be any good?

Nov 22, 2007
I thought this one up while showering. I don't know if it has been done before, but thats why I come here to ask you guys. If not, how good would this be? It is very clean, by the way, and very possible. Here it is:

Step 1, Pull out deck, have someone examine it
Step 2, Have someone choose a card
3, Pull out marker, have them sign it
4, Tell them "I'm sure you guys have seen the trick where I take your card, place it in the middle, and it jumps to the top, right?" As you say this, you do the ambitious card part that you described.
5, To laymen, you might get a small reaction. You say "Well, you looked through the deck, there were no duplicates, right?" They agree. You say "Actually, there are duplicates, all the cards are duplicates." They go "but I signed that one, how is it a duplicate?"
6, You say "It isn't a duplicate, value wise, but..."
7, Fan the cards, showing that every single one of the cards have their signature on it.

Seen anything like it before? I want to know before I go out and film it and not give proper credit.

Oct 6, 2007
It sounds pretty good, but...how exactly are the signatures on the other cards?

What i mean is, are they like also written with pen on all the other cards? Or is the signature PRINTED on the cards? Is the sig. EXACTLY the same?

Sep 1, 2007
yeh,i can think of method already.if ya familar with guy hollingworths card at any number use the secret from that and apply it to ambitous card.its not 100% method but worth checking out,hope this helped.peace

Nov 22, 2007
yeh,i can think of method already.if ya familar with guy hollingworths card at any number use the secret from that and apply it to ambitous card.its not 100% method but worth checking out,hope this helped.peace

? I completely do not understand your post. It isn't an ambitious card routine, it's an entirely different trick.

And the signature is the same on all cards with the same color marker or pen that they signed it with.

The reason I don't want to explain more in depth is because if this is seriously a miracle, I don't want to reveal it, heh...

I must admit, I've never heard of anything like this but, I don't know all the tricks in exsistance.

It sounds rather unique...and impossible. Search around maybe submit your video to T11, if your actually able to perform it, and then go from there.

Sounds awesome, from what you've described.

-RA69

Sep 1, 2007
ok,i know that guy hollingworths effect is card at any number but the underline priniciple could be used for the routine,im gonna work on it i may post it.

Do you guys have guy hollingworths video.Its called routines"routines".
In the tape he descusses other effects like having a card appear anywhere-in a envelope in the spectators pocket,which you never touch.
Notrey, if you have the tape look over the general principal of that routine and work the ambitous card around it.PM and i will help more.

Hope this helps.Like I said i may post it in the media section once i have the handling worked on.

Sep 1, 2007
ok just to clear this up im gonna go through the entire routine as i have made it.

A spectaot takes any card,signs it.This card is shown to the rest of the audience.its placed in the middle.

"watch as the signed card impossibly jumps from the middle to the top,you've probably seen that before,yeh well ya gonna see quite a few more times"

You follow with a standard ambitous card effect.Then offer to reveal the trick.
you state you are infact using a duplicate.However, not just one ,but 51 signed duplicates all of the same cards.However i think it u good make the handling so that the signature was on completly different valued cards.

This is how the effect looks.Is the what you had in mind.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 1, 2007
Notrey,ill wait for your video post before posting mine.
Havin re-read ya post it sounds like you have a good method already.

Pm me if you want.

Sep 1, 2007
Cornwall
get a friend to sign all the cards except one, then go on the street, and find a group of people (including your friend whose undercover)
ask him to sign the card

do the trick for the 5-10 people watching, they will have no clue he was your friend :)

(unless you walk upto the group together lol)

The problem with doing that in the context of 'Look, i place it in the middle, and it comes to the top'...is spoiled by the 'Look they are all the same'...

I have some ideas for the routine which would make it logical and give it some sense, but as i don't know the method i don't know if they will work. I guess i will have to wait and see if it is released first

Sep 1, 2007
my version doesnt require a stooge or a friend in on the trick.

To be honest the effect of havin an entire deck of duplicated cards is better than ambitous card ,in my opinion.

Nov 22, 2007
Went to Best Buy during Black Friday at 3 in the morning and pulled this off. I can now attest that it is possible.

By the way, the deck is examinable before and after the trick is done. And all the signed cards are indeferent. Trust me, I wanted to make this as impossible as possible, I think I actually have something.

TOO BAD I DIDN'T GET THE EMACHINE I WAITED FOR IN THE COLD, THOUGH. Best Buy is garbage.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results