Changing a piece of gum in a spectators pack.

Josh Burch

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2011
Utah
The trick looks alright. The quality is pretty terrible though. It looked a little fishy when you removed the gum as well.

Jun 6, 2010
Nashville, TN
The trick looks really cool and seems clean. I only would have two questions: 1. Can the gum actually be borrowed? 2. Is the box and/or gum examinable afterwards?

I'm not sure if you took the gum out in a suspicious way or if its just because you were holding the camera in the other hand. I'd like to see how a live performance would look. :)

Aug 31, 2007
Long Island/New York
The trick looks really cool and seems clean. I only would have two questions: 1. Can the gum actually be borrowed? 2. Is the box and/or gum examinable afterwards?

I'm not sure if you took the gum out in a suspicious way or if its just because you were holding the camera in the other hand. I'd like to see how a live performance would look. :)

I think it's guys like you that expect real magic instead of a trick.

Jun 6, 2010
Nashville, TN
I think it's guys like you that expect real magic instead of a trick.

I asked the first question because thats what the title of the thread implied. The second question is a legitimate concern. It could mean the difference between the audience being impressed and having them think you suck. How does it look when a spectator asks, "Can I see the gum (or box)?" and you reply with "No."?

JohnShack

Elite Member
Feb 3, 2011
Oklahoma City, OK
Sorry it has taken me so long to reply anywho, Changing the gum in the spectators pack is purely situational, I've done it a handful of times. The pack is fully examinable the stick of gum is not, but it's simply enough to switch the sticks. the fishyness of taking the piece out is mostly because of holding my phone with one hand, I've never had anyone question the gum they always assume the pack.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results