Just thought I would introduce myself.

Jun 7, 2012
Well hello! I'm Josh, I'm from England and I'm 18.

I'm relatively new to magic, its only been a month since i stared to try and learn some card tricks. I have always had an interest in magic, but never thought about performing it, it was only when i found some cards in my house that i thought, "actually, this would be pretty awesome", so i bought a deck and went online to learn some things.

I've been practising with my deck everyday since i got them. Its not just at night when i practise, i do it when im at school, or on my break at work, sometimes when i'm sat in the car waiting for someone. Its fair to say that i'm really getting into it. I do hope one day that i will be able to perform on the streets but for now, i think i should just practise! Anyway, again hello from me! :)

Jul 8, 2008
Tintagel
Hi josh, I'm in the UK too! I started a little before you at 17 I believe. Everyone was there once no worries just practise a little everyday, enjoy the small things, and you'll be beyond any expectation you have now before you know it!

formula

Elite Member
Jan 8, 2010
UK massive. A lot to be learnt from this forum Joshhy but there's also plenty of rubbish so don't take it too seriously.

Where are you based? There are some decent shops and clubs in the UK.

Jan 9, 2012
Welcome man!

I'm fairly new to everything, too, with me being involved heavily with magic for only a year this coming August.
It's such an exciting hobby to get involved with since there is so much to learn, and so many things to get your hands on. Be a sponge and take it all in!
Definitely spend a great deal of time practicing and building up the motor memory with the tricks and sleights that you decide to take on. Once you're comfortable, you then move onto the realm of performing!

Good luck with your endeavors. Theory 11 is a great resource, and this forum is awesome.

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
Hi Josh,
Glad to have you here. Be sure to soak it in, but not all at one time. Check out our forum rules, learn to use the search function, I'd download some FREE effects on the Wire for sure. We have a lot of knowledgeable people here. Some are full time, some semi professional some amateurs and hobbyists. We all started at the same place though. Enjoy your time here. If you ask for constructive criticism on a video or move be ready for it. Not everyone likes to hear what others have to say here, but we all are striving to improve and grow.

If you have any questions feel free to PM me.

A

AWDesgin

Hey There,
You seem very dedicated and I'm sure you'll do very well. Personally I'm into cardistry more. I think England is awesome and want to go there some day. But anyway, good luck with your magic-y-ness!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results