Question about Digital dissolve

Jun 14, 2012
I was wondering if someone who owns this could chime in.
Now, I won't ask specifics, but is the coin you receive with the DVD fairly robust? Or is it flimsy and easily broken?
I have a sneaking suspicion that I know how it's done but would like confirmation before I buy it.

James Wise Magic

Elite Member
Dec 28, 2007
Well the 2 coins that are shown are completely normal and real coins. The extra piece is the actual gimmick which is crafted well and won't bend or break without actually trying to break it, and even that could be hard. I've kept the gimmick in my wallet for about a year and after a year of being beaten up in my wallet it finally got a little bit of a bend, not enough to break it and I can still perform the effect all the same without any problems. So yeah, the gimmick is strong! Get it! It's worth it! And I typically don't even like coin tricks! :p

Indeed, the coins + gimmick are sturdy. They are hand made by Mr. Jamie Schoolcraft of Schoolcraft Precision which is the gold standard of coin engineering.*

I've had this effect for over a year now and they are just as good as the day I received them.

- Steve

* It doesn't feel right to mention Schoolcraft without giving props to Todd Lassen, both master coin engineers.

Nov 29, 2011
Well in my experience in chilling at the magic shop for hours and trying out all different sets, they differ, there are some really good ones, and then there are some not as good ones, they are all functional though. Kinda like hopping halves or shells, there are just some shells that are better then others.

formula

Elite Member
Jan 8, 2010
I disagree with the above. Though mine is sturdy I get the feeling that if I left it in my pocket and I sat on it wrong it would bend. If you're careful where you place it it will last forever.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results