Is "Pressure" really worth $20?

In watching a few people perform it I can say I am fairly certain the mechanics behind the trick, but of course the specifics of handling, and how exactly its finished I have yet to be able to figure out (mainly because I don't have any ballons at the moment).

My question is, would it be worth it, having already deduced the basics of the trick, to still buy it? I gotta say though just knowing the basics this seems to simple for $20, so for anyone who has it, does it provide enough to justify the price?

Jul 2, 2011
Californiaaa
To be honest, I think $20 is a little too much for the Pressure effect, but even if you're fairly confident that you know how the trick works, I'd still recommend buying the instructional video, for three reasons:
1. Daniel Garcia is in it.
2. Dan White is in it.
3. theory11 produced it.

Josh Burch

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2011
Utah
Yes, it is worth 20 bucks because it is practical and versatile.
1. It is impromptu
2. Uses a borrowed object
3. Super visual
4. Is inspectable before and after
There are very few effects that are even close to that good.

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
Not to mention, if you use someone else's trick without giving them compensation, as in buying the trick, you're infringing on their intellectual property.

James Wise Magic

Elite Member
Dec 28, 2007
Yeah buy it. It's good to have the in-depth teachings even if you have a fairly good idea of how it's done. They may mention something important that you didn't realize. It is a little too pricey but it's worth it in the end!

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
Yeah buy it. It's good to have the in-depth teachings even if you have a fairly good idea of how it's done. They may mention something important that you didn't realize. It is a little too pricey but it's worth it in the end!

How can it be both too pricey and worth it? Those are contradicting terms.

Nov 8, 2007
Not to mention, if you use someone else's trick without giving them compensation, as in buying the trick, you're infringing on their intellectual property.
You're over-exaggerating the legal implications.

A lot.

However, the right thing to do if you want to perform the effect is to buy it.

Oct 20, 2008
Austin, TX area
If you're going to perform it then you should pay for it.

There is a full routine on the disk. When it comes down to it, you want the full routine -- not just the basics. Knowing the routine will absolutely strengthen the performance.

Also: It used to be the case that buying this effect from T11 gave you a couple more perks on this very forum. If someone can confirm that you still get the perks then they add a lot of value, too. Hopefully someone can confirm this.

The DVD itself has moments that are tributes to T11's fans. I don't know of any other T11 release that came with as much love for their customers as this one.

If you really want to perform this then the $20 is worth it.

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
You're over-exaggerating the legal implications.

A lot.

I didn't say there were legal implications. I said you'd be infringing on their rights to their material. Legally, I'm guessing nothing will ever happen because the creator will never know. Morally, however, I believe it's wrong to use material without compensating the creator somehow, unless you've independently created the material. Whether you can figure a trick out or not, if you didn't come up with the idea yourself, you shouldn't use it without compensating those who did.

Dec 29, 2011
Its a great trick, impromptu, borrowed, all that. Even though I did pay for it I do think its a little expensive, even $15 would be a bit much, I think 10 dollars would be a good price. It was fun to watch too, considering it has Daniel Garcia in it, Dan White is great too. Its got street performances, studio performances with great in depth teaching. Daniel Madison and Dan Sperry also make an appearance, so you get 4 dans in total. Jonathon Bayme also teaches a bonus handling performed by Micahel Ammar on the Letterman show. Great DVD, a little expensive, but pretty much worth it, I'd get it.

Nov 8, 2007
I didn't say there were legal implications. I said you'd be infringing on their rights to their material. Legally, I'm guessing nothing will ever happen because the creator will never know. Morally, however, I believe it's wrong to use material without compensating the creator somehow, unless you've independently created the material. Whether you can figure a trick out or not, if you didn't come up with the idea yourself, you shouldn't use it without compensating those who did.
"Infringe" alone is primarily defined as the breaking of a law. And "infringing on intellectual property" is purely legal-speak.

Anyhow, we're on the same page with our advice on the ethics of the issue. :)

Feb 17, 2011
Quebec, Canada
I did buy it and find it a little too pricey for what it is. It's fun though. I didn't perform it because I found that I want to do more "poker demo" magic but it's fun to know the in and out.

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
I did buy it and find it a little too pricey for what it is. It's fun though. I didn't perform it because I found that I want to do more "poker demo" magic but it's fun to know the in and out.

In my personal opinion this is probably what's driving a lot of the "magic is too expensive" mentality I keep seeing. The secret is usually disappointing, no matter what trick it is. Particularly once one has learned a fair amount of methods. Because we see something amazing and we want it to be something new and off the wall, but it turns out to be scotch tape, floss and a little strip of plastic. If we're planning to use the trick, then we're happy that it's something that can be duplicated at home, but if we just wanted the secret, it rarely seems worth it. Anything we use on a regular basis is probably worth whatever price we paid, if we cared enough about the trick to save up in the first place. For instance, even though I know the general principle behind something like The Devil's Coke Bottle, I'm still going to save up and buy it because I know I can use that trick to create an incredible effect on an audience.

So I don't buy things just to learn how it's done, as that frequently leads to wasted money. Consequently, I'm rarely disappointed by my purchases.

I have decided to buy it; I did try out the idea I had for how it works, and got it to look decent for the most part, but I do want the rest of the handling.

Not to mention that I need help getting to $100 for my order today xD I do still think its a bit overpriced, even if I put it in use often enough, its still a lot to pay for what I am fairly certain is a simple illusion.

Jun 25, 2008
In my personal opinion this is probably what's driving a lot of the "magic is too expensive" mentality I keep seeing. The secret is usually disappointing, no matter what trick it is. Particularly once one has learned a fair amount of methods. Because we see something amazing and we want it to be something new and off the wall, but it turns out to be scotch tape, floss and a little strip of plastic. If we're planning to use the trick, then we're happy that it's something that can be duplicated at home, but if we just wanted the secret, it rarely seems worth it. Anything we use on a regular basis is probably worth whatever price we paid, if we cared enough about the trick to save up in the first place. For instance, even though I know the general principle behind something like The Devil's Coke Bottle, I'm still going to save up and buy it because I know I can use that trick to create an incredible effect on an audience.

So I don't buy things just to learn how it's done, as that frequently leads to wasted money. Consequently, I'm rarely disappointed by my purchases.

I agree with this 100%. With that being said, Pressure is something I use in any and every party scenario along with Detached by rick lax, and his TnR balloon trick (forgot what its called). If one knows they will be attending a lot of events with balloons, the price would be justified in my opinion.

Honestly I find the 20$ a bit steep. I figured it out after watching the trailer for it, and it's one of those things that just befuddle me how it actually fools anyone.

however to play devils advocate here There is a nice thing about buying the trick. The DVD's is always the additional handling and finesse notes you get from the artists that help sell the effect and make it work. You can't get those kind of golden nuggets of information by figuring it out for yourself.

So ultimately it's your call I personally think the reactions this trick gets is worth performing it, even if I don't understand why it hits so hard since to me it's as transparent as a pane of freshly windexed glass. You just have to decide if it's worth your investment or not.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oct 20, 2008
Austin, TX area
it's one of those things that just befuddle me how it actually fools anyone.

however to play devils advocate here There is a nice thing about buying the trick. The DVD's is always the additional handling and finesse notes you get from the artists that help sell the effect and make it work. You can't get those kind of golden nuggets of information by figuring it out for yourself.

Alright. I agree on all counts.

I fried someone with this a few days ago. It's nothing I really felt eager to do but, I had some balloons in my laptop case. He loved it.

On the other hand, I shift all of my focus onto the touches you get with the dvd / protected forum. Those "golden nuggets," as it were. This is why I also urge anyone who really wants to perform this to at least add it to their next order.

Bizzaro

Elite Member
Sep 1, 2007
Vegas
www.smappdooda.com
If it's something you use or will use then it doesn't matter if it's 20$ or 100$. You can't put a price on usable material. I think the effect is worth it and with a number of the touches me and my friends have come up with it's worth ten times that.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results