Looking for a Type of Card Trick...

EJ

Mar 4, 2008
Canada
I just finished watching Insane by Andy Nyman, and it was insane (see what I did there?). Jokes aside, does anyone know of other tricks with a similar premise? (where essentially the magician and spectator end up choosing the same card). Doesn't matter if it's impromptu or not. I have recent become very interested in this style (not sure if style is the right/best word here) of magic and was wondering what else was out there. The list below are tricks that I can think of:

- Do as I Do (first trick I learned)
- Blind by Daniel Madison
- Election by Eric Ross

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

EJ

May 6, 2012
Selective by Daniel Madison (prediction matches card at any number), it could be adapted to be impromptu

Sep 2, 2007
London
"Insane" is essentially a version of the Open Prediction plot. An early prototype for these kind of effects was "51 Faces North" by Stewart James, there's a book called The Open Prediction Project by Thomas Baxter which compiles many methods and handlings, and Derren Brown's The Devil's Picturebook DVDs includes a couple of genuinely psychological versions. There are many more Open Prediction tricks on the market too, so it's just a matter of researching to find what you want.

EJ

Mar 4, 2008
Canada
This is great guys. I did a bit more research and found two more similar effects by Daniel Madison (Roleplay from Mystique, and Overkill from Collateral). Seems to me Daniel Madison has quite a few effects of this nature. I'm going to see what else he has.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results