Erdanase: Bible Edition

Mar 16, 2012
is this booklet a good buy from dan and dave.com for 24.95 because i wanna learn some advanced sleights and start practicing bottom deals second deals and so on.

Thanks,
Corey

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
Erdnase is the bible of card work. Some of the information is a bit dated (it was written 110 years ago) but its still solid. You can find cheaper copies, but im fond of the Bible edition as well as the Indestructible one.

formula

Elite Member
Jan 8, 2010
I love my bible edition. Nice and compact so you can take it almost anywhere. The pages are very thin so you have to take care of it but I'd suggest getting it if you're serious about card work.

Sep 2, 2007
London
Erdnase is the bible of card work. Some of the information is a bit dated (it was written 110 years ago) but its still solid. You can find cheaper copies, but im fond of the Bible edition as well as the Indestructible one.

What information do you think is a bit dated? I'm doing some Erdnase-related stuff at the moment and I'm interested in the perspectives of magicians on the material, so it would be great to get your view.

Jan 1, 2009
Back in Time
Personally, I prefer The Dai Vernon Revelation edition of Erdnase. The pictures are a lot clearer, the writing isn't cramped and is also much better designed, not to mention the tips and extra things in the big book make it much worth the money.

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
What information do you think is a bit dated? I'm doing some Erdnase-related stuff at the moment and I'm interested in the perspectives of magicians on the material, so it would be great to get your view.

The system of stacking the deck during overhand shuffles comes to mind. In Erdnase's time, overhand shuffles were the most common, now they are not in most places.

I would say the vast majority of the information is timeless, though. Palming, false deals, etc. All of that will work for as long as we have cards shaped the way they are today.

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
When it comes to books like these I tend to go for the cheaper version if the content is all strictly the same. If one version has nicer illustrations or an easier font to read sometimes that can be a deciding factor as well.

If a used book has highlighted paragraphs or underlined sentences...I normally will NOT purchase that version because I get distracted too easily by others "important" markings. Ha Ha.

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
I'm more than a bit of a bibliophile. I will happily pay more for a nicer version of a book (I have three or four copies of Neil Gaiman's American Gods, for example), even if they have the same content. I want a book to look nice on the shelf and feel nice in my hands as well as convey information. If I could get a hand-illuminated, hand-bound copy of Erdnase, I would. And it would go right next to my other two copies.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results