TnR by Mathieu Bich Review

C

clarrus

Hey guys, I bought this through download and I wanted to do a review.

First thoughts, I like it alot. Very ingenious and smooth. T11 has done it again.

Quality of video is great as always. It says that Wayne Houchin edited, didn't know he had skillz like that.

Effect: A spectator picks a card, then you pick a card and reveal it showing that is isn't the card. Then you tear it into 4 pieces and put it back together. After it is put together you turn the card around to reveal that it is THEIR chosen card not the original card that you tore up. Then you hand it out for inspection.

Method: Ingenious. Kenner even explains how he was amazed once he learned the trick. Very smooth and very visual. It's almost as if the card magically transforms into the chosen card. It will take you a couple of routines to get it down but it's nothing too fancy.

Gimmick It doesn't come with one is all i'm going to say. I don't like the fact that the reviews for some material tell you if it comes with a gimmick or not because if you REALLY wanted to know the trick; Does it matter? There is set up time though.

Cost The cost for the DVD/Download is well worth it.

Teaching method Chris does a very good job. He is funny and entertaining. Everyone should be able to pick this up with the quickness.

Opinion 9 out of 10. The only down side is that there is set up time required BUT not right before the trick. You can set up the night before and do it at any time making it seem impromptu.

Examinable Yes it is. You give out the card after the trick to examine. Maybe you can even let them keep it if you want.

Last note, I think Chris speaks FrenchTalianEnglish at the last 5 seconds of the clip.

Q's let me know

Nice review but could you cover-

Angles?

The price of the gimmick and how easy it is to get?

Difficulty?

Set-up time?

Can you immediately hand out the card and have your hands left clean?

If any of these questions lead to exposure don't worry about it. Just don't answer them.

C

clarrus

Nice review but could you cover-

Angles?

The price of the gimmick and how easy it is to get?

Difficulty?

Set-up time?

Can you immediately hand out the card and have your hands left clean?

If any of these questions lead to exposure don't worry about it. Just don't answer them.

There are angle issues, it cannot be done surround so pick and choose when to do the trick.

I wouldn't call it a gimmick, more of a set up. I wouldn't worry about the set up time because you could set up well in advance.

Not that difficult at all. Just practice your routine before performing but that goes without saying.

Like I said before, you can hand out the card after the trick is done. We'll just leave it at that.

There are angle issues, it cannot be done surround so pick and choose when to do the trick.

I wouldn't call it a gimmick, more of a set up. I wouldn't worry about the set up time because you could set up well in advance.

Not that difficult at all. Just practice your routine before performing but that goes without saying.

Like I said before, you can hand out the card after the trick is done. We'll just leave it at that.

Alright thanks.

How do you pronounce Mathieu's last name?

Sep 1, 2007

I would call it a gimmick, but you probably won't have to spend any money to make it. If by chance you don't, anything you'd need is VERY readily available. No worries with that.

How do you pronounce Mathieu's last name?

It's pronounced Beesh

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 1, 2007
Good review. I bought it, but I'm having second thoughts. Some people have said its gimmicked to the hilt. I have no problem with that, but how long would you say it takes to make one "set-up" !0 to 15 minutes, 20 to thirty, or more than that?

C

clarrus

Good review. I bought it, but I'm having second thoughts. Some people have said its gimmicked to the hilt. I have no problem with that, but how long would you say it takes to make one "set-up" !0 to 15 minutes, 20 to thirty, or more than that?

After you learn the method, Chris Kenner says it takes him 5 mins.

Sep 1, 2007

I don't see any reason why I wouldn't be allowed to say this but if so feel free to remove it.

Kenner says on the DVD that the first time you do it, it might take around 30 minutes, to see how to do things and such. But after you've got it all planned out in your head, he said it takes him about 5 minutes to make one now. It's just a matter of knowing how to do it well enough.

I haven't personally done it yet because I am missing one of the (extremely available) parts but I will tomorrow and let you know how long it took me.

waynehouchin

theory11 artist
Elite Member
Aug 31, 2007
Chico, CA
www.waynehouchin.com

The first time you learn it - following along with the DVD - it will take about 30 minutes. However, after that you can prepare in about 5 minutes. Again, please remember that one preparation can last you for many many performances. This isn't something that you'll need to do EVERYTIME you want to perform it.

Sep 1, 2007
The first time you learn it - following along with the DVD - it will take about 30 minutes. However, after that you can prepare in about 5 minutes. Again, please remember that one preparation can last you for many many performances. This isn't something that you'll need to do EVERYTIME you want to perform it.
That makes a world of difference for me ... I think I will pick this up now.

Sep 1, 2007
UK
I have the download also and so will give some brief thoughts and info... I will do a full review once I feel I have put enough time into it etc and performed it for a bit.

Firstly the set-up... well first time it took me quite a while.
Firstly because I never had all the things you need just lying around, secondly because I was going along with the explanation, and thirdly because I was eating my tea at the time lol.

You will need a few bits and bobs, most of which im sure you'll already have, one of which you may not... I used an alternative mentioned... don't ask lol.

I have made up a couple of gimmicks since and it's possible to get one made in about 5-7 minutes.

Angles while performing... well you have about 170 degree safety cone, so as long as it's like that infront you'll be fine. just not directly at the sides or from behind.
Overall i'd say the angles are decent for this style of effect.

The gimmick is something i'd def class as a gimmick... and it's reusable also, well to an extent.

The card cannot be handed directly out, and the way to clean-up is kinda basic and not good in all situations... but it does the job... but i'll be changing that part for sure.
Also the card isn't able to be fully looked at before switching.

There is a limit to what cards you can have the wrong one change into.

The change is optional.

The tearing process is a bit... off... not like your simply ripping, but very carefully and delicately ripping lol, I think this could be reduced for sure.

The restorations are so clean and visal, def have not come across a restoration phase like the ones on here, and the change is killer.

The routine included is ok, bt I won't be performing it that way... not my style, but the good thing is this is very personalisable.

Chris Kenner done an amazing job with the teaching on this, definitely was fun to watch and he covered everything very well.
I really liked his style... excellent.

Though not taught, ive already come up with ways of having this signed... so it is possible.
This is very versatile... there is more that can be done than the basic routine... you could have multiple colored backs... mismatched pieces... multi cards etc etc.

The method is pretty clever, though I gotta say that when I first learned of the workings I was a bit disappointed as I had been working on something similar and so the method didn't surprise me, but it did improve upon what I had been doing in a couple of ways, and so my disappointment didn't last long.

The price is not much and this is so visual etc that im sure many will like it... I do.

Well there's a bit of info.

Sep 1, 2007
I wish i could put up a review as well but i can't, i bought the download and for some reason the download stops at around 100mb each time, and i've used up all my 4 tries, i send it an E-Ticket 5 or so hours ago, nothing yet...
Annoying!

Musab

Aug 31, 2007
Newton, MA
I just downloaded this and I must say that the method is pretty darn devious! It really is one of those effects where you kid of want the spectator to see how it works, you are just so proud of yourself! Great job guys!

Adam

C

clarrus

I've set myself up for two performances in like 15 minutes. It's not that bad once you know the mechanics behind this masterpiece.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results