Derren Brown brought me on stage!

Apr 14, 2011
I just went to Derren Brown's Svengali show and Derren brought me on stage. He 'hypnotized' me, stuck a needle through my hand and just generally did amazing stuff. I showed him some of my own magic after the show and he gave me autographs AND his email. he told me to email him and he'd meet with before I leave london!!!!! What should I talk/do with him?

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
Definitely go prepared. Have a list of questions already written down so you aren't wasting his time. I wouldn't make the list too extensive or you'll seem like you are grilling him in a marathon interview session. Also see if he is willing to maybe show you a few things that you can begin to try and work with. Have him point you in the right direction as far book recommendations or places he goes to for his creative side.

Don't ask trivial questions like, "What is your favorite deck...blah blah blah"
Do not ask YES / NO questions.

You want to gain valuable insight through thought provoking questions.

Example: What was your biggest mistake thus far in your career and how have you grown or learned from that experience.

Josh Burch

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2011
Utah
I just went to Derren Brown's Svengali show and Derren brought me on stage. He 'hypnotized' me, stuck a needle through my hand and just generally did amazing stuff. I showed him some of my own magic after the show and he gave me autographs AND his email. he told me to email him and he'd meet with before I leave london!!!!! What should I talk/do with him?

Oh no did you just reveal some of Svengali?!?!?!?! Hahaha great experience thanks for sharing :)

May 9, 2012
New York
RickEverhart is right. this is a once in a lifetime experience, don't waste it. he has been asked thousands of questions, so i think you should ask him something he wont expect.

Apr 14, 2011
I'm working on some questions and he seemed like he jsut wanted to talk more with me. I'm super excited.

Mar 21, 2011
Wow, that sounds absolutely amazing! You have no idea how jealous I am of you at this moment :) I saw Svengali last year and would literally do anything to meet him - you've got a great opportunity to talk to and hopefully learn something from a true master.

Good luck, and please do tell us how it goes!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results