TnR by Mathieu Bich Review

Aug 31, 2007
Like one of the other posters wrote, to me it just looks like its being glued together. I'm not speculating, but I do think torn and restored cards look more deceptive if the pieces actually fit...

That's more of a performance issue, than something that is inherent in the effect itself.

Like one of the other posters wrote, to me it just looks like its being glued together. I'm not speculating, but I do think torn and restored cards look more deceptive if the pieces actually fit...

Normally I'd agree here Fans...

TORN is my favourite Torn & Restored.
Simply beautiful and more fun to perform than...well, other things to perform.

That said however, this one is simply genius.

I sat through it bashing my head against the desk because I didn't have the necessary things i needed to make it and was going to have to wait to practice.

It really is cool.

I think I still prefer TORN, however, I haven't yet made this up and played around with it so I cannot say for sure. I doubt it'll replace Garcia's effect in my heart , but I have a strong feeling it's going to get pretty close. If it wasn't for the cleanliness at the end of TORN I'd be pushed to say this one beats it. Then again...TORN is about as impromptu as you're gonna' get with a far less set-up time...so maybe not.

Either way....bloody good effect.

Rabid

Sep 3, 2007
I sat through it bashing my head against the desk because I didn't have the necessary things i needed to make it and was going to have to wait to practice.

It really is cool.

Rabid

I value your opinion so I think I'll go ahead and check it out.

Thanks.

Sep 3, 2007
Yeah, I think it's rather an advanced type effect aside from moving Miss Liberty but I like it. Now the real work is figuring out how to set it up in front of someone.

Sep 1, 2007
Normally I'd agree here Fans...

TORN is my favourite Torn & Restored.
Simply beautiful and more fun to perform than...well, other things to perform.

That said however, this one is simply genius.

It really is cool.

I think I still prefer TORN, however, I haven't yet made this up and played around with it so I cannot say for sure. I doubt it'll replace Garcia's effect in my heart , but I have a strong feeling it's going to get pretty close. If it wasn't for the cleanliness at the end of TORN I'd be pushed to say this one beats it. Then again...TORN is about as impromptu as you're gonna' get with a far less set-up time...so maybe not.

Either way....bloody good effect.

Rabid

I agree. Althought I don't own TnR, from what I've heard so far, I like Torn more. Torn is impromptu, and allows spectators to sign the card. Don't get me wrong, TnR looks great, I mean, it's restoration is so clean and natural..but no signatures and heavy setup brings it down.

Apr 26, 2014
Torn and TnR

This is my first post on the forum and I've got ?90 worth of tricks lined up to get (including Rapture, Alchemy and FIVE)

Torn and Restored effects are one of those effects I have always wanted to perform. I've been trying to find a review somewhere (spent ages trying) that compares the pros and cons of Torn (Daniel Garcia) and TnR. Hopefully someone can tell me what the better effect is (or an entirely different one) that fits this criteria
1) card is signed
2) card can be given as a sovereign (optionally but it would be preferred)
3) the pieces do not leave the sight of the spectator

Thanks,
Ethan

monurao111

Banned
Apr 28, 2014
INDIA
Honestly speaking ,TNR by mathieu bich is not practical for me.....gimmick is too heavy to make and chris kenner himslf not perform it for real peaople(thats what i guess from dvd) .there are few good real world tnr effects i can recomend to u...
1)Reformation by Guy Holligworth(difficult but fullfills all ur criterias)
2) TORN by Danial Garcia(doing from years with my last piece variation with no angle problems )
3)Star by David Forrest.
4)Restored card by Kris Nevling from top secret card magic dvd(best impromptu version)
5)Rehab by Cameron Francis(solves lots of angle issues)
6)Restored by Lloyd Barnes.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results