what is your favorite brand of cards? Why?

May 17, 2011
So, what's your faorite brand? I don't mean company (Theory11, HOPC, etc) or stand alone deck modle (Monarchs, Bee stingers, sentinels, etc).

Mine is Bee. Stingers are my favvorite deck, No.92 Standard are up there, I love Wynns and if erdenase bee's are ever rereleased...god help me, I will ruin myself(Hint hint D&D).

So what's yours?

Bicycle.
Simply because they are the most widely recognised deck. When performing magic its very important that the spectator doesnt suspect anythings up with the deck so using less known bicycle designs or using other less well known brands can lead some spectators to suspect the cards. Most people know bicycle card though so are more likely to trust them (little do they know that bicycle make trick deck - our secret :p). standard Bicycles are also what ive used most often and are used to.

May 17, 2011
(little do they know that bicycle make trick deck - our secret :p)

Haha, true.

I've always been curious as if deck like JAQK, Massa, Wynns you know, decks that are never seen were suspitous to spectators. In my experiance they arn't but hey, I do very very very little card magic so my word isn't worth much.

Haha, true.

I've always been curious as if deck like JAQK, Massa, Wynns you know, decks that are never seen were suspitous to spectators. In my experiance they arn't but hey, I do very very very little card magic so my word isn't worth much.

I depends i suppose. Im probably being over cautious.
Another reason for using bicycles are that they are the cheapest so there are no worries about cards being signed,folded,torn etc.

yyyyyyy

Elite Member
Apr 7, 2012
My personal favorites are probably the Seronda and Primavera decks for flourishes and sometimes magic. I'm using Bicycle most of the time though, I've had spectators ask many more questions about the deck if it's not Bicycle. "Are those trick cards?" "Can I see those?" "Let me shuffle them." They don't trust you as much. Maybe it's just my imagination but that's what I've noticed

bentley

Elite Member
Nov 23, 2007
I've never had a problem with cards that weren't bikes. I had someone before I even start want to take a look at my bike cards but that was because she's that type of person. Most never question my cards but that's because any that I use are only either red or blue. My favorites are the NOC decks or Aristocrats. I use mostly bikes and maybe tally ho's (at nicer events) but the others are my favorite.

May 17, 2011
I think I may have pourly have asked my question. I'm asking about card brands, for reason such as there production there history there designes, not just decks.

EX :

"White Lions , Smoke and Mirrors , Wynns and Monarch( White and Regular )"

Not brands

"Aviator"

brand

Oh well, I just wanted to try and look at cards a little differently, but anyway, sorry for not being clear.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results