Best deck to perform with ?

Jun 8, 2012
Hello, could anybody recommend which decks are best to perform with and why?

I currently use the tally-ho deck, this deck has lasted for along time and recently I have noticed that it has started to stick, so I am just posting this to find out some information about which decks are best to use !

Apr 29, 2012
I personally use aristocrats the most to perform, but with that said, this is probably a thread that has been started lot, and you can use the search function to get your answer faster.

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
Yes, this is a common question.

The answer boils down to preference. Whatever deck you like will be just fine. I usually use standard bikes because that's what I tend to have available. I have performed with Artifices, Arcanes, Guardians, Karnivals, Ghost, Black Ghost, Shadowmasters, Bees, Squeezers ... probably a few others, too. I just use whatever I have in my bag at the time.

Oct 13, 2008
I've heard that question before, and asked that question before. 500 or so decks later, I'm no closer to answering that question than I was when I started magic 3 years ago. "Oooh this has a cool back design but a crappy fan" "Ooh this feels like silk but the smell is not my thing" "Oooh I like how supple the springs are but the face design is incompatible with most gimmicks" etc.

Of course, I'm not the most normal card handler, so don't take my word on it. If the box looks even slightly off, I am the kind of person to move on to a new one... I know, it sucks, but I'm used to it.

rudolph

Elite Member
Mar 21, 2011
It would be good to have Smoke and Mirrors or Split Spades ( White Lions is fine ) for flourishing . For magic , most decks like Monarchs , Steampunk , Tally Ho , Bicycle & Bees

Hello, could anybody recommend which decks are best to perform with and why?

I currently use the tally-ho deck, this deck has lasted for along time and recently I have noticed that it has started to stick, so I am just posting this to find out some information about which decks are best to use !

I'd say the best decks to perform with, are those which have a more simple design. Only because if you were performing with lets just say a sentinels deck, the spectator may automatically get suspicous.

Although if you were using a normal deck, like tallys, bicycle standards, mandolins, bees, then the spectator may not get so suspicous because they are more "normal". Also they are cheaper, so if you dropped them, bent a card, if they got ruined in any way shape or form, it wouldn't be as bad because they aren't too expensive.

At least that is my opinion :)

j.p

Jul 10, 2012
Birmingham
www.twitter.com
I don't care what the spectator thinks. I perform with my favourite decks. I use Bicycles for practice and sometimes performance if its all I have. Recently, I have been performing with The Mechanic Deck, The Crown Deck, Tally Ho Circle Back (Blue) and Monarchs. It's very rare for a spectator to say anything to me, apart from 'cool cards'. In fact, I have noticed that people usually say 'So your telling me that's a normal pack of cards?' when I use Bicycle cards. Seriously, it's weird. Then again, I am in the UK so not many people really recognise Bicycle cards.

Jebzy

Elite Member
Jun 22, 2012
Latvia
I use standard bicycles(blue or red or..... black), nothing else. I like them. I just got 8 new decks from Theory11, they are very cheap here and you got a STICKER for free! Very cool sticker. :)

May 18, 2008
As stated above, it's about preference. When I perform, I'll go through decks about once a week (or about once a gig, depending). As far as durability, Propaganda's lasted me the longest (over two months of CONSTANT gigging).

Never limit yourself with a specific type of decks to perform with
Try all types
Why?
So when a spectator asks you to perform with their deck you'll have no problems at all
I practiced with different types of decks even those cheap decks that cost like 25 cents

Jan 22, 2012
Well I mean most decks handle the same it's just a matter of whether or not you are willing to spend the money for the decks. I would split spades but they don't come around that cheaply so I usually stick with titanium bicycles.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results