Free magic!!

Aug 7, 2012
Hey guys. Iv put a lot of thought into what I want to do with the magic tricks I invent. I feel that I want to teach the willing. So I have started a Youtube Chanel to do just that. Every week I will put a new trick, sleight, or flourish that will be taught for free, along with the performance of the next trick I will teach. Please feel free to check out my first tutorial of a color change.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pw2hMXwu5h4

Please feel free to offer advice, and critiques. I am not the best film maker but I will teach you something new, I promise.

Thanks, Yorb Sterling

Jan 22, 2012
Yes I agree with Toby, the change is not exactly original because their are so many variations for example there is a variation of that move on the Wire.

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
I've seen guys at conventions and jam sessions doing this numerous times Yorb. It isn't new, although I'm not denying that you came up with it on your own. That's the problem with magic and creation. There are literally thousands of effects / sleights that have been around for ages and many people "think" they've created it only to find out it was already out there.

Jun 10, 2012
hey man dont take this the wrong way but thats pretty stupid that you are creating your own stuff then revealing it your just putting all your work to waste it makes no sense ,i will tell you that there are many people out there that like to steal effects

Aug 7, 2012
I've seen guys at conventions and jam sessions doing this numerous times Yorb. It isn't new, although I'm not denying that you came up with it on your own. That's the problem with magic and creation. There are literally thousands of effects / sleights that have been around for ages and many people "think" they've created it only to find out it was already out there.
Thank you for your feedback, I see what your saying. If people want proof that I didn't steal the Idea I have hours of video practice showing the evolution of the change over hours of practice. My goal is not to steal ideas, but spark new ideas and teach the willing. Cards are my love and passion, If you have the original name for the sleight I would love to add it in the description box on my video. I will also put that the Yorb Change is a variation of the original, I don't want anyone to get upset. My intent is to bring joy.

Cheers, Yorb Sterling

Aug 7, 2012
Yes, I was worried about this as well. With power comes great responsibility, how people choose to use it is up to them. This was one of my biggest hold backs to start this, but its ok because it is overall helping. I wanted to teach the willing and this is what I see to be the best way.

Thanks,
Yorb Sterling

Justin.Morris

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2007
Canada
www.morrismagic.ca

I'm wondering if perhaps the Archive has something to do with crediting and history of moves and effects. Sort of a wiki of magic history? Just what came to my mind when I saw the picture on instagram.

Last edited by a moderator:
Feb 7, 2011
Like the guys said, unfortunately it's not original, but it's a well made tutorial. Maybe do a little more research the next time, but keep up the good work.

hey man dont take this the wrong way but thats pretty stupid that you are creating your own stuff then revealing it your just putting all your work to waste it makes no sense ,i will tell you that there are many people out there that like to steal effects

Quick pointer - Calling someone stupid looks bad when your comment reflects the grammatical abilities of a small child.

I'm wondering if perhaps the Archive has something to do with crediting and history of moves and effects. Sorry of a wiki of magic history? Just what came to my mind when I saw the picture on instagram.

That's exactly what I thought when that picture was posted. It would compliment the wire nicely, seeing as due credit is important but not always given.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results