Vanishing Deck

Jan 11, 2011
Does anyone know where I can learn the routine starting at 2:10? This completely blew my mind. I know the last part is Panic, but the part I'm really interested in as a) the vanishing deck and b) how he forced them to pick the king. If anyone could point me to somewhere to learn them, that would be great. Thanks!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DifyXKvpmE

Last edited by a moderator:
Aug 2, 2011
California
Umm I know how the routine is done, I just have no idea where it is published. I wish I could explain it to you on here, but it's against forum rules. I do give this guy props for how he used Panic. Very creative. Maybe someone else will know where the routine has been published. I'll search around and let you know if I find anything.

Aug 2, 2011
California
I think I found it. Compression by Doug McKenzie and Dan White. I should also tell you that the guy in the video you posted edited some parts out of the routine.

Jan 2, 2008
Southern Texas
AndyW is right. This routine was marketed as Compression by Doug Mckenzie and Dan White. It was later pulled from the market before it received any significant exposure to the magic fraternity. It's based off of an old principle/sight gag that isn't new at all. Just overlooked. Also, it is absolutely possible to do this effect EXACTLY the same way it is depicted in the video. Clever scripting and blocking work miracles if used properly.

Fabian

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results