Shadow Masters - Are They Similar to Our Dear Guardians?

Sep 1, 2007
Porthcawl, Wales.
No they are not a copy of the guardians, if anything they are a copy of the black ghosts (which E created anyway). The concept for cards like these have been E's concept for years. One thing though I do think they took the idea for the double backer included in the deck.

Sep 1, 2007
Oh please give me a break! Ellusionist is copying T11? Thats news to me!

Custom cards were started by E a long time ago, and I think the Shadow Masters were in production before Theory 11 was even up.

Please do not support E :S If u want to support them, go to E forums.. this is T11

Stop posting such ridiculous statements.

No one at T-11 (staff or users) needs this kind of thing on here.
How often does it have to be stated that there is nothing bad between the two sites, save for that which is started by the users?

Let's keep this place nice.

Rabid

They may look similar because of their color, but you'll notice that the Guardians hardly resemble the bicycle logos and such, while the Shadow Masters are just darkened versions and some differences here and there.

Ellusionist is doing too well as a company to feel the need to copy. If Theory 11 started 'stealing' sales from Ellusionist, then they'd "have a reason". But I think they're both nice, and wouldn't do such a thing. :)

Sep 1, 2007
Please do not support E :S If u want to support them, go to E forums.. this is T11

What are you talking about? Does supporting E mean I can't post here?

Yes, I support E - they are a great company. I like T11 too, they are doing great, and I support them also. I am simply saying the truth in my previous post. Please, do us a favour. Stop posting ridiculous statements. This is how the arguements are started. We don't need it here.

Thanks.

Then someone should just shoot me...

I buy from E, T11, MJM, eBay, and I absolutely HATE custom decks, with Guardians being the exception b/c of the white faces. That means I can actually have people sign cards with a black sharpie, instead of searching for all those weird colors. LOL!

I'm on the T11 forums, E forums, and TMC too. All 3 have different qualities I like about them, so why limit myself?!

Best.
Steve

Reuben Wong

Elite Member
Oct 1, 2007
Singapore
www.youtube.com

That sounded too childish.

In anycase, the Shadow Masters are entirely different.
They look more like a fusion of Black Tigers + Black Ghost + Ghost Jokers

I'd prefer to think them as my ultimate dream deck for now.
But wonder why Ellusionist can't ship to Singapore anymore.

hmm

oh well...

R

Oct 6, 2007
my world of magic
what they copy form t11 is the double backer (that;s my opinion)
but the back design are like black ghost
n the box is alos like other black deck, but maybe there's more black color now

well, i hope it'll make team T11 more creative n maybe tart design the black guardians soon
lol

go T11

i'm looking forward for T11's new custom cards

Sep 4, 2007
hey guys

Check out the boxes of shadow masters they look like guardians ... hmm very strange. Did ellusionist panic or what the box looks like if it was baccled work.

http://www.ellusionist.com/product/accessories/cards/bicycle+shadow+masters.do#

(click on the ace of spades to see other images )

ummmm,

No. This is the typical box for the Master's series. For that matter, the Shadow Masters were in the works while JBayme was still at Ellusionist...so if someone was to have borrowed any....naw...the Guardians are simply not in the same league...nice first start...but light years away.

RJ

Sep 4, 2007
No they are not a copy of the guardians, if anything they are a copy of the black ghosts (which E created anyway). The concept for cards like these have been E's concept for years. One thing though I do think they took the idea for the double backer included in the deck.

E routinely picks different gaff cards to include in their decks. The use of the double backer was in no way predicated by T11 using one in their deck. The Guardians are a decent deck...I have worn one of them out, so I should know. I will make a bold statement though...no one has ever seen a deck as glorious as the Shadow Masters....uber cool and all that.

RJ

Sep 1, 2007
E routinely picks different gaff cards to include in their decks. The use of the double backer was in no way predicated by T11 using one in their deck. The Guardians are a decent deck...I have worn one of them out, so I should know. I will make a bold statement though...no one has ever seen a deck as glorious as the Shadow Masters....uber cool and all that.

RJ

I was VERY dissapointed in how the Shadow Masters turned out. I was planning on buying 2 or 3 for my collection and to play around with, but how thick can you make cards? Seriously, on the product page, they look like two cards taped together. And you can say it all you want RJ, but thick is defienently not better. I was even more dissapointed with how they approached releasing them. You didn't release it the time you told people you would, and you made it a freakin maze to find them..

"No one has ever seen a deck as glorious as the Sahdow Masters" Uh, I've seen TWO decks that look exactly the same-Tiger and Black Ghost. Ring any bells?

And don't even get me started on Stained Skin.

I was VERY dissapointed in how the Shadow Masters turned out. I was planning on buying 2 or 3 for my collection and to play around with, but how thick can you make cards? Seriously, on the product page, they look like two cards taped together. And you can say it all you want RJ, but thick is defienently not better. I was even more dissapointed with how they approached releasing them. You didn't release it the time you told people you would, and you made it a freakin maze to find them..

"No one has ever seen a deck as glorious as the Sahdow Masters" Uh, I've seen TWO decks that look exactly the same-Tiger and Black Ghost. Ring any bells?

And don't even get me started on Stained Skin.

I agree. It's not just me; the cards look three high.

I've seen the Guardians. Much better in my opinion.

LOL.

Sep 1, 2007
Lemme sum this topic up.

Some people think Shadows are copies, they are not.
Some people like guardians, some shadows.
RJ likes the shadows

I think they're cool in their own way. But the shadows are NOT copies of the guardians, they're too different.

Sep 1, 2007
Just click on "more images" on the products page. You will see that they are about just the same thickness as the other custom decks.

Sep 4, 2007
how thick are they really as the pic on the page makes them look like really thick

They are no thicker than the other Master Decks that are out there. True, it is a thicker stock, but not that much thicker. Don't pay attention to those other posts...those guys will indubitably order some and then sneak in the bathroom at night to play with their decks when no one can see them.

RJ

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results