Cardistry Projects :: How can I make them better?

Hey there

I've been coming up with some ideas for some cardistry videos, so I guess you could say I have a few projects going on

I'd really like to know how to make a popular cardistry video, just some ideas, advice, key points and opinions on what you think makes an enjoyable cardistry video

Thanks,

TMI :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
Dec 26, 2010
"How to make a really popular cardistry video...?" - You have to be good! How to be good? You have to practice at least 6 hours a day.
Try to check Dimitris video called Opera. Beautiful piece of cardistry.

Joey144

Elite Member
Oct 14, 2007
Bavaria, Germany
You have to practice at least 6 hours a day
wtf? :D is this some sort of rule?
How to be good? have fun at what you're doing. Setting any form of rule like "You HAVE to practise" just takes away the fun and is actually pretty counter productive.

Try to check Dimitris video called Opera. Beautiful piece of cardistry
atleast we agree on that point :)

I'd really like to know how to make a really popular cardistry video, just some ideas, advice, key points and opinions on what you think makes an enjoyable cardistry video
There is no really a strict answer to this, in my opinion. Everybody enjoys different things in a cardistry video. Some just wanna see a couple great moves and don't care about editing/cinematography or if its filmed with a webcam. Others don't care too much about original moves and just want to see a cardistry video with an actual concept.

My only advice would be to experiment with alot of different styles in your videos and see which works best for you. Its a learning process which takes time.

May 9, 2012
New York
How to be good? have fun at what you're doing. Setting any form of rule like "You HAVE to practise" just takes away the fun and is actually pretty counter productive.

you can have fun, but if you want to evolve as a flourisher then you do have to practice. if you read andrei or michaels page, they say that when they started out, they practiced like 6 or 8 hours per day. and, if you love cardistry, then practice should be fun for you anyway.

Joey144

Elite Member
Oct 14, 2007
Bavaria, Germany
I just think that setting rules like "I have to practise atleast 6 to 8 hours per day to become as good as Andrei Jikh" is stupid
I don't even know how they all now those numbers, I never count the hours I fiddle around with cards :D
Some guys seem to take this a bit more serious but for me cardistry is a fun hobby and I just think you shouldn't tell someone that is starting out "you have to practise atleast x hours or otherwise you won't be good". If they are dedicated they will get good, just might take them a bit longer ;)

Dec 26, 2010
Well, obviously its not rule. Youre right but, if he want to be really good he have to practise really hard. And if he want to make a really popular cardistry video, he have to be good. Sure, main thing is have fun. Sorry for misdirection.

I just think that setting rules like "I have to practise atleast 6 to 8 hours per day to become as good as Andrei Jikh" is stupid
I don't even know how they all now those numbers, I never count the hours I fiddle around with cards :D
Some guys seem to take this a bit more serious but for me cardistry is a fun hobby and I just think you shouldn't tell someone that is starting out "you have to practise atleast x hours or otherwise you won't be good". If they are dedicated they will get good, just might take them a bit longer ;)

I totally understand where you're coming from Joey, I can't practice as much as I'd like to.

I mean I have got a life other than cards, yes it most probably will take me longer, but I'm not going to sit there for 8 hours straight being completely unsocialable. I'm just not like that, I have homework, studying, my friends, my other hobbies and family. I wish I could practice more often, but it doesn't mean I should have to practice for like a year just to then make a video. Which people may still not enjoy or I may even not be into cards by then.

Any way this thread is becoming more about practice, than advice and opinions about how I could possibly make it better. I understand I'm not great, but that shouldn't mean that I can't give it a go

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results