A magical way to announce a pregnancy?

Stu-pendous

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2010
Perth, Australia
www.facebook.com
I'm going to be a dad!
Id love to reveal it in a magic trick, however all of the sudden shock has meant my creativity has stopped.
Do people here have ideas on a really magical reveal for family and friends?

Last edited by a moderator:
Apr 1, 2009
California
Congratulations! I'm certain no magic effect can compare to the magic of having a child. But I do understand how one would want to announce the occasion in a fun way. It depends on your venue of presentation of course. whether it be through a camera or in person. A sandwich effect might be a fun way to do it with a little related patter. Maybe for instance use special cards. blank face or something. Do something along the lines of Aaron Fisher's Search and Destroy, just without them picking a card, then in the end, the baby is between the two cards.

Stu-pendous

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2010
Perth, Australia
www.facebook.com
Thank you!
I had considered search and destroy as well but was a little unsure of how to work it into that. But that's a good idea.
I really want to film their reactions to the news. I feel that would be something memorable and a great addition. The magic of having a child.

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
I'm thinking "gut buster" by Andrew Mayne. Stand behind your wife...all of her family and yours sitting in the living room, and slam your first through her stomach with a little baby doll in your fist. Ha Ha.....

I'm completely kidding but that was the first funny visual that came to mind.

Congratulations on becoming a dad. You are in for the best years of your life. I'll brain storm a serious idea....disregard the first unless you want to completely freak the heck out of them.

Stu-pendous

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2010
Perth, Australia
www.facebook.com
Haha that's great! But probably not a great reveal. I'm thinking a prediction envelope... they pick a card i put the deck away and get them to read out the prediction 'I'm going to be a grandparent' seeing them read that line would probably be a huge moment.

formula

Elite Member
Jan 8, 2010
I really like Rick's suggestion. Could print off a normal scan (sonogram?), fold it up and when you unfold it there's a baby on it.

Congratulations.

Stu-pendous

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2010
Perth, Australia
www.facebook.com
It was actually a really great moment.. i said to my mum 'have you seen a real miracle before?' She joked ' yes I'm looking at him' i smiled and said 'well I'm going to perform one... actually it's already done.' I handed her the prediction shuffled a deck of cards and let her select a card. She looked at it and then shuffled it back into the deck.
I told her we didn't need the cards anymore and reminded her of the envelope. I told her to read it aloud 'my son who loves me so very much is about to tell me I'm going to be a...' she paused for a moment '...grandma soon' she continued as tears started flowing.

She told me it's the best news she's ever had and a long hug was had.
It wasn't until a while later she finished the prediction '...and my card is the 6 of hearts.'
Two miracles in one day she told me.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results