Bottom card to top

Aug 25, 2012
Hi guys, here's my question. I want to know how to bring the bottom card to the top without anybody noticing. I'm a pretty good shuffuler when people have a base in magic, they know you are bringing the bottom card to the top by suhuffling the deck. I hope you guys can help me :) Thanks

Apr 2, 2010
Louisiana
Hi guys, here's my question. I want to know how to bring the bottom card to the top without anybody noticing. I'm a pretty good shuffuler when people have a base in magic, they know you are bringing the bottom card to the top by suhuffling the deck. I hope you guys can help me :) Thanks

You could always buy Joel Paschall's "death to the double undercut" here on t11!

RealityOne

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2009
New Jersey
Do a bottom deal, hold the card in your hand and say "wait a minute, I forgot to shuffle." Put the card "back" on the top of the deck and do a riffle shuffle retaining the position.

Dec 29, 2011
I usually get a break above the bottom card with a buckle, then hold it through a swing cut. Then line up the two packets and then seperate them above the break, as though you were squaring them up and then do a regular riffle retaining the top card.

Jan 1, 2009
Back in Time
This is what I was doing but I think it's just too obvious sometimes :/ Thanks anyway I appreciate :)

I always laugh when magicians act like the overhand shuffle is too "obvious" for lay people. I can assure it is not and I could go on listing professional magicians who use it and get away with it 100% of the time. (Dai Vernon was a big fan of it. Aaron Fisher, Eugene Burger, and just about any other performer worth his/her salt.)

The Overhand shuffle is such a great and powerful sleight because you can do a ton of things with it and nobody usually pays attention to it (Depending on your handling and attitude during it), because EVERYBODY who has used a deck of cards can overhand shuffle and as seen it.

Oct 5, 2012
You could always buy Joel Paschall's "death to the double undercut" here on t11!

This is an excellent and versatile move. The other benefit is that it is completely blind, so you can do it absent-mindedly, almost like riffling the cards. I have found that this inoculates your audience to the move, and then if you use it as a transfer, they don't notice.

Mike.Hankins

creator / <a href="http://www.theory11.com/tricks/
Nov 21, 2009
Sacramento, Cali
I have a quirky move that I teach on my rendition of Cannibal Cards...It just looks like you are doing an all around squaring of the deck...

Sep 4, 2012
What is the effect you're working on? Or, why do you need to move the card to the top? There are sooooo many BoTop controls or displacement moves or shuffles, or cuts, that could achieve this, without framing what it is you're trying to do though there is no point in suggesting things.

Nov 27, 2009
A simple bottom change would work. Show a card and ask if it's their card then bottom change it on the off beat and put the card back on top. It's bold, but if you don't wanna "do anything" with the deck it works, and it's easier than the clipshift. People seem to forget that it is possible to do a top change and grab the bottom card instead. I don't know why we don't use that idea more often.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results