What you think about the PLAYERS now?

A

A J

hey guys
now after we got the chance to see the players
what do you think about it
did you see that its good(like the joker or the back...)
i already ordered 4 of them and got a free video with it.

BTW:it's limited so buy it quickly
.PEACE.

Jun 17, 2012
I think the deck is nice and stuff, but im sticking to my guardians.

oh and by the way, why sell a marked deck when you could make one with set of bikes, a sharpie and 30 minutes.

theSunnyG

Elite Member
Mar 3, 2012
Saw the box, thought it was very minimalistic and very nice, saw the Ace and thought hmm that looks alright~
Then hoped the back design wasn't going to be the M all over or like 2 big M logos as the logo is already (the only thing) on the box and on the Ace of Spades... but then it was exactly that...

I am disappoint and agree with forumla ^^^

I feel the playing card market is very very saturated now and decks that are below average are constantly being released - even more so with all these KickStarter campaigns.
But that's just my opinion of course.

Side Note:- I'm happy that T11 haven't done what other companies have (yet?...) order a brick of X and get this 'rare' (but not really) different colour X.

Last edited by a moderator:
May 18, 2008
I like them a lot.

Of course, I've been a fan of Daniel Madison for years, so I'm probably just biased...

Either way, I could definitely see myself using them.

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
Saw the box, thought it was very minimalistic and very nice, saw the Ace and thought hmm that looks alright~
Then hoped the back design wasn't going to be the M all over or like 2 big M logos as the logo is already (the only thing) on the box and on the Ace of Spades... but then it was exactly that...

I am disappoint and agree with forumla ^^^

I feel the playing card market is very very saturated now and decks that are below average are constantly being released - even more so with all these KickStarter campaigns.
But that's just my opinion of course.

Side Note:- I'm happy that T11 haven't done what other companies have (yet?...) order a brick of X and get this 'rare' (but not really) different colour X.

Really, really happy with the way these turned out. While the style may not suit everyone's tastes (to each his own), they're really beautiful and remarkably elegant in person. The linen finish of the box, mixed with the silver foil emblem - really makes them pop. They look like what a wedding invitation would look like for a prince. Or in Madison's case, a prince of darkness. Haha - they're great.

I don't feel these or any decks that theory11 has put our stamp of approval on are in any way "average." Our goal is not to meet any standards, but to consistently raise the bar for the what those standards are. For that reason, it's pretty often we see decks come and go that borrow characteristics of our own, printing techniques - but style and quality are impossible to replicate.

To that end, we have and will continue to work with truly world class artists - from Shepard Fairey to Curtis Jinkins to Hatch and JAQK Cellars. I think that recent additions of theory11 decks into the Museum of Modern Art (MoMa) and Museum of Contemporary Art (MoCa) this month are a testament to that high level of detail and pursuit of perfection.

We have about 90 days left in 2012 - that's about three months. Three new decks will be unveiled, and they're without a doubt our best work yet. Each has a TOTALLY different style, vibe, and characteristics. And to go along with them - some insane new magic and cardistry that will end this year with a bang.

May 9, 2012
New York
one of the reviews said these are currently the most versatile cards on the market and i couldnt agree more. they have a design that hides false deals, marking system, and borders so you can reverse a card. the fade-to-white border gives them an elegant look. i also found it kind of funny that the king looks just like him

Dec 29, 2011

Exactly my thoughts, I really like the Box and the Ace, but having the M logo all over the backs and on the jokers was a bit overkill. the back design reminds me of a minimalistic plaid back from D&D, also guilty of plastering their logo on things. If it had of had a different back, still with the faded borders, more intricate, and two way jokers and custom faces, would have been one of the better decks I've seen. Bit of a hit and miss though. The faces of the Sentinels were one of the best thing about them, I don't understand why it hasn't been done again, even just the court cards.

Jan 15, 2012
AU
I like most of the T11's decks but my main gripe is why would they not release a deck with customised faces and court cards? I am sure that this has been said many times. The Player's Deck is a nice deck but it could have been so much better!

It's been said over and over that T11 won't be able to make everyone happy. I love them, but I have been a massive fan of Daniel Madison for a very long time; his one, two, 111 lecture notes where some of the first proper magic notes I ever had. What we have to look at is if T11 made a deck to one persons specifics, then another person wouldn't like them. I personally dislike any cards that are black, but other people love them. If you like them you buy them, if you don't, you don't.

Simon_Magic

Dec 29, 2011
It's been said over and over that T11 won't be able to make everyone happy. I love them, but I have been a massive fan of Daniel Madison for a very long time; his one, two, 111 lecture notes where some of the first proper magic notes I ever had. What we have to look at is if T11 made a deck to one persons specifics, then another person wouldn't like them. I personally dislike any cards that are black, but other people love them. If you like them you buy them, if you don't, you don't.

Simon_Magic

Obviously, considering how people are saying that they do not like them as much as they could. This thread was made for us to post our opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results