No Friends that can flourish

Oct 22, 2012
Dover, Tennessee
WHERE CAN I FIND FLOURISHERS?! I have been into cardistry for a while. I did magic for two years or so, and now I'm more into flourishing than anything. I have thirty five decks, know dozens of tricks and flourishes and have NO friends that can do this stuff. I'd at least like some that can FaceTime me or something, someone that'll teach me and that I can teach because they have some skill and talent with cards. My friends at school can't do it quite like I can, and I live in a tiny town in TN, not Las Vegas or New York. I've seen magic camps and conventions online, but they cost up to $2,000!! i dont have that kind of money! Does Everyone have this problem?

Oct 4, 2012
Magic and flourishing is not a common profession or hobby. I had the same problem that you have, but with magic. The easiest way that I have found to rid yourself of this problem is to make your current friends really like it. That means you have to do what all good performers do and transfer your own enthusiasm for what you are doing to your audience or ,in this case, friends.

So, you basically need to sell flourishing to your friends, get them interested, teach them until they are as good as you (this is the hardest part, I should know!) and then their own interests in flourishing will come to light,they will then learn other moves and tricks which they can then teach you.
Just make sure you choose a good, and trustworthy friend...

Hope that helped!

Mar 16, 2012
I live in Ohio and only have one friend into flourishing. However, you don't particularly need a friend in order to help you. I've been getting by on my own for over three years now.

Oct 23, 2011
Same here , but my friends did TRY flourishing .. they gave up in less than A MONTH cause they said it's too hard . i tried to convince them but failed .

Oct 22, 2012
Dover, Tennessee
Lol, it definitely is hard to teach someone who isn't as crazy about it, especially with flourishes. They're extremely hard to learn and do, and my friends just don't seem capable...

Nov 21, 2012
United States
Often times because things like card manipulation are not common hobbies, flourishers and magicians don't usually have people they can talk to things about with.

None of my friends, relatives or anyone I know does card magic/flourishing.

Dec 9, 2012
Magiccat, where do you live in Illinois? I'm in Lake Forest.

Jrishton, I'm down to Skype Jam haha. @thearsh on skype. If anyone else wants to jam as well, feel free to add me!

Thanks guys.

Dec 24, 2012
Hey guys what I think the key to getting a friend into cardistry or magic is not to just go to one of your best friends and try and get them in to it cuz that won't work for you cuz if they actually learn the value and amazement of what you do will go down in there eyes as said in the prestige "the secret fools no one and once they know you'll be nothing to them" the way to do it is make a new friend with the thought in mind of getting them to be your magic or cardistry friend. Perform to a ton of people strangers included and find some one that when they ask how you did something is truly interested and fascinated by what you do not just trying to get the secret out if that's to scary try a lesser known friend but still One u can trust and better your relationship with them by teaching them but once agin they've got to want it u can't force any one to do any thing. That's how it happened for me my now cardistry/magic friend is a once complete stranger he was just some one I preformed for on the street in my area so that's my advice find some one who's fascinated by what you do truly fascinated and then befriend them by teaching them. Then u end up with a new good friend and a cardistry / magic friend. Hope that helps :)

Jan 12, 2013
I live in Kentucky all my friend think flourish is boring. Most people never been introduce to flourish. My teacher even take off my point when I put down the word cardistry. People rether learn some easy magic trick to show off. No much people knows how to enjoy the card flourish.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results