Appearing Candy for Kids - Halloween 2012

Pete Pridanonda

Elite Member
Jun 13, 2009
Yesterday on Halloween I made candies magically appear before passing them out to kids who came trick-or-treating. Seeing the astonishment and happiness on their faces really made me realize even more why I love performing magic. I hope all of you enjoy this video:)
I performed the appearing candy three times to the boy in the Luigi costume at the end. Unfortunately, I didn't get the first two performances on video but his reaction the first time was that of pure astonishment which made my heart melt with happiness. This goes to show how a little bit of magic can lighten up someone's day and that you don't need screaming or loud reactions from spectator to realize how much they appreciate, love, and astounded by your magic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0deJXeOpg3M&feature=plcp

Last edited by a moderator:
Dec 18, 2007
Northampton, MA - USA
Something that I have done on Halloween and in my family stage show a few times (many years ago) was a Miser's Dream that starts out with real coins but once things get moving I started producing chocolate coins and giving them out to the kids. . . it get's a very positive reaction while lending to you, a way of practicing your coin slights. . . if you do an Easter Bunny in the spring, you can use Chocolate Eggs and do a Multiplying Egg (Billiard Ball type bit) using candy or even real colored eggs. . . I've done several Easter weekend gigs in a rabbit suit just because of this . . . then again, I have a mystical Father Christmas (not the same as Santa) as well.

Just think a bit and you can create great seasonal magic.

Oct 9, 2012
Really nice job! I wish someone had done this for me when I was a kid, even though I was already into magic back then.

Pete Pridanonda

Elite Member
Jun 13, 2009
Something that I have done on Halloween and in my family stage show a few times (many years ago) was a Miser's Dream that starts out with real coins but once things get moving I started producing chocolate coins and giving them out to the kids. . . it get's a very positive reaction while lending to you, a way of practicing your coin slights. . . if you do an Easter Bunny in the spring, you can use Chocolate Eggs and do a Multiplying Egg (Billiard Ball type bit) using candy or even real colored eggs. . . I've done several Easter weekend gigs in a rabbit suit just because of this . . . then again, I have a mystical Father Christmas (not the same as Santa) as well.

Just think a bit and you can create great seasonal magic.

That is a great idea for a stage show that fits the Halloween and Easter theme Craig! Very clever!
In the case of the video, this was just a casual performance and I don't think the kids would want to spend more than 3 minutes at your door when their minds are on getting as much candy as possible.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results