Card change - wire worthy?

wZEnigma

Elite Member
Jun 17, 2009
NE Ohio.
ianchandlerwriting.com
Let me know what you guys think of this change. Jason England has helped me affirm its originality, and I've worked on it for quite a while. Honest feedback welcome!

[video=youtube;0b_4cGMzVO4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0b_4cGMzVO4[/video]

Ian

Wow that is an awesome idea, though I think its pretty obvious to how it is done to a CARD magician. I still think you should try to publish this on The Wire, I and I'm sure others would be interested on the mechanics of the moves.

Oct 23, 2011
$4.95 is too high i think ? i'd rather buy Above Ground by Jared Hansen (there's 3 color changes in 1 download) . just my opinion ! :)

wZEnigma

Elite Member
Jun 17, 2009
NE Ohio.
ianchandlerwriting.com
This is a move that I've been working on for two years and have refined the mechanics of it. It's a unique change that hasn't been explored before and could lead to new techniques. Do you still think $4.95 is too high? Just my two cents.

Mar 16, 2012
4.95... thats a crazy price, i know how u do it just by watchin... free is more like it lol and 2 years uve been workin on it... jeesh

Mar 16, 2012
well i think what i said was and is the truth. your showing one color change and nothing more. if you included variations and some other apllications then maybe it would be worth 4.95...just my two cents....dont get mad get glad

wZEnigma

Elite Member
Jun 17, 2009
NE Ohio.
ianchandlerwriting.com
I appreciate its honesty, but what I meant was that he was not looking at the effect, but rather at the method. Serious magicians will ask, "How will this work for an audience?" Ones who are not will ask, "How easy is it to figure out? If so, I'm not buying it."

It can actually be used as an invisible switch/control to bottom and a "surprise" sandwich/production, but the main product is the change. Do you believe it should sell for less?

And heatedjeans, you realize you contradicted yourself, right?

Mar 16, 2012
so if you included all the different variations like you stated then i believe the price your asking is appropriate and well priced. I was just critizing the effect because to me it looked like just a change and looked kinda boring, but looking back and seeing what you can actually do with it and how you can incorporate this with another sleight to intensify the effect is awesome.

Oct 23, 2011
i did not . I THINK it was not high because i ASSUMED you included variations and stuff :)
if you did not include it in the download , i would say it's too high .

Apr 6, 2011
Lansing, MI
Have you released any other effects on The Wire, and if so, what did you price them at? If not, then I would without a doubt recommend putting it on for $0.99 if not free. For a few reasons. Regardless of the quality of the material, what really makes a huge difference on The Wire is the quality of the teaching. If you have not released anything previously, no one has any reason to trust that they will be paying $5 to learn from someone that knows how to teach. Before you try to make any sort of money, you need to establish credibility. If you think this effect is too good or too personal to be free, then I would suggest just waiting until you have something that you think is worth selling for free. Although this certainly seems like a fine place to start, if just by watching it people have figured out the method. Again, on the wire we are not paying money for the trick, we are paying money for the teaching. So if there is nothing left to teach, why bother paying? Now, you could get into an argument with me about respecting the creator and purchasing it to be a good magician, morally. Well, do you really want to start your reputation on the wire as someone to buy effects from out of what could be construed as pity? I'm not saying it is pity, but it could without a doubt be viewed as such.

I understand where your coming from, and I understand a lot of effort has gone into this. You need to understand, that money is not the important thing on The Wire. If you release an awesome, well taught effect for free, people will want to see what you have to offer in the future. They will place stake on your name, your "brand," which is much, much more valuable than however much money you'd have earned otherwise.

I'm sorry if I sound harsh.. but think about it this way, if you have to individually convince the people who have already responded to this thread that your effect is worth $4.95, then you sure as... heck? is that okay?... are not about to sell it to random magicians who just come across your effect.

Also I picked up a sense of "I figured it out watching the clip, it doesn't deserve to be on the wire," from one or two responses on here. Please don't forget that whether or not you are able to figure it out, the only thing that matters is how it looks to spectators. Who cares if you can fool a magician with it, the only thing that matters is the spectator.

As to whether or not this particular effect deserves to be on the wire, I'll have to let you know that tonight. The network I'm on doesn't allow Youtube or most streaming media.

Tyler

wZEnigma

Elite Member
Jun 17, 2009
NE Ohio.
ianchandlerwriting.com
Interesting viewpoint. With that, though, I feel like some of the free tricks aren't as good as they could be, and I've made 5 dollar purchases on the Wire and hadn't regretted them. The teaching aspect is understandable, but the material is what magicians should be looking at. And I wouldn't say that I'm individually convincing people to sell it - I believe it sells itself. Perhaps it's not the best starting point, but it is my flagship creation.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results