Introducing CardTrickster!

Sep 29, 2012
I perform close up, I want to perform on Stage someday... My dream :D

How are you going to perform on a stage with cards, coins ,and rubber band tricks. Those are mostly for close up, except for certain tricks.

ATM I am only an Average Performer, with 3 years experience. I am 14 years old.

How do you only do easy selfworking card tricks with 3 years experience. I also do mostly card tricks but that is because I like card tricks. Also I'm 13 have 2 years experience and do sleights with the cards.

By the way there are many free easy tricks on the wire on this website check those out before you get other pirated things

Sep 29, 2012
Oh yeah sorry about how I posted the above post I've been here awhile I just haven't posted many things with quotes I don't really know how to do it. Any help i would greatly appreciate it thanks.

Sep 1, 2007
I hope you understand my reasoning.

I difficult situation, but not insurmountable. I've heard worse.

Let me start by saying there's no way you can win an argument with your parents over this. Take the indirect approach instead, but don't neglect school in the process.

You'll want to go to the library and see what they have. Anything is good at this point. Mark Wilson's I've already mentioned, but you'll also want to see if they have a copy of Modern Coin Magic. This is considered by many the ur-text of coin magic. If you can get the book long enough to learn about a half-dozen sleights, that should be more than enough to work with for months, if not years to come. The advantage here is that coins are everywhere. Billy Gibbons of ZZ Top actually said that the reason he (sometimes) uses an old 5 peso coin as a pick is because when the band were first starting out he kept losing his picks in the bars they played at, but he could always find or borrow a quarter.

While you're in school, see if there's a way to get in on any stage productions or plays, even if it's only crew. Something to get you experience and stage time or at least watching how the teachers guide the students and tell them the basics of acting and stagecraft.

I would also recommend that you start reading more books and watching more movies, especially in the realm of speculative fiction. I cannot recommend The Twilight Zone enough. The whole series is now on Netflix and you can probably find the best episodes streaming somewhere if you look for them. The writing in the show was so astute in its social commentary on the human condition that many of the episodes have been imitated or referenced to the point of cliche.

I'm also a big fan of Ray Bradbury and Neil Gaiman and recommend you look into some of their books. "Stardust" just had its 15th anniversary this year and was Neil's attempt to create a fantasy novel like those seen in the 1920's before "Lord of the Rings" was published. And of course "Something Wicked This Way Comes" is one of the greatest novels ever written. Another magician and I have recently talked about a show influenced by Avatar: the Last Airbender, which is one of the better shows of the last decade. There's more in my blog. Haven't had much time to work on it lately, but the archives should provide good reading material.

Luis Vega

Elite Member
Mar 19, 2008
Leon, Guanajuato Mexico
luisvega.com.mx
So... here is a link..it was posted by Craig in another forum or I think also here...

http://www.abbottmagic.com/PDF-Books_c78.htm

The books there are awesome and very cheap...but not because they are cheap, are worthless... you can buy them there for around 4 bucks each...and you´ll have plenty material to start working on a full show!!

I just bought 5 books and I am starting to read them...

about you downloading pirate magic?...well...it has all been said by steerpike, Tyler and others...please don´t do it...

Anyway..glad to have you here and that you are willing to change...feel free to ask me anything and I´ll try to help you too!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Nov 16, 2012
You have a choice... Become a real magician or be a wannabe. The folks here are real magicians. Steerpike, Arman, Tyler and the others. If you want to be a real magician, listen to their advice and ditch the exposure forums and delete the pirated material.

If your parents are opposed to cards and you have no money, how do you get decks for your effects? Where do you perform without them knowing? Do you hide your decks in your room? I think you are feeding us a bunch of BS with that story (especially since you first said you didn't have enough money). If I'm wrong, I apologize... But I don't think I am. If you aren't telling us some BS, then I suspect that your parents would be a little upset about you stealing the PDFs (as well as any pirated videos) - because that is what you are doing.

The book Steerpike mentioned has all sorts of magic, not just cards. Your parents may be willing to let you have something like that. If not check out Bobo's Modern Coin Magic - no cards there. Also, research Gospel Magic. Many people use magic to teach about their religion. If your parents objection is based in religion, then letting them know about how many use magic to teach about religion and faith may change their mind.

As others have said, you have many choices.

Yes I kinda hide, and do it. No BS believe it or not. For the decks, I have 3 as I won them in games, etc.
My parents didn't buy me the decks, I had to go get them myself (For ex. Winning them etc.).
And yes I want to become a real magician, that's why I'm here.

Also I have Bobo's Modern Coin Magic, it's part of my pirated collection. I can't buy books so I have to use pirated books, etc. If I had the money, I would glady buy books, material, props, etc. On the other hand, my parents won't even buy Magic-related material for me, so I indeed have no other choice.

I need some serious advice. Please help. I'm willing to make a change from Average Magician to Real Magician. I am up for it.

Cheers, CardTrickster

Apr 27, 2010
baller08.blogspot.com
I think you guys got trolled here. Someone thought it would be funny to take your willingness in wanting to help a young magician and waste your time. He also knew the idea of someone pirating material would get a rise.

I highly doubt this is a 14 year old. My 6 year old nephew can understand things better than this.

Sep 1, 2007
I think you guys got trolled here. Someone thought it would be funny to take your willingness in wanting to help a young magician and waste your time. He also knew the idea of someone pirating material would get a rise.

I highly doubt this is a 14 year old. My 6 year old nephew can understand things better than this.

If it is indeed a troll, what exactly did he prove? That I love what I do and will patiently help people who show an interest in it? Yeah, he sure showed me.

Oct 13, 2012
Lithuania
I don't think he is a "troll" actually. Just a boy who wants to hear " Good job, man! I have downloaded all my 34GB collection for free, too, I have not paid a single penny!! Just download some videos of (names of cool tricks here) and grab my 15 decks of cards I had not used yet, I'll send you them tomorrow, just tell me your street address." and nothing more than that. Indeed I had pirated one video, but when I saw what effort the creator had put into it I bought it, although I already had it...
And by the way, My parents didn't give me any money... I just earned everything myself.
Good luck

Why don't you get a job. 14 is easily old enough for a paper round or something similar. Other than that I'm not going to echo what others have said. It is good though, to hear that you want to change.

Nov 16, 2012
Thank you. I'm glad myself, I made the step to join this forum, because I learned a whole lot already. Such as "Never give up, and always try your best", and "Don't use illegal material".

Again thank you very much guys, :)

Cheers, CardTrickster :D

Nov 16, 2012
Yep he's totally BSing us.

Guys what do you mean?
I only said that I am learning. I'm praising this community. I'm saying that I'm glad to be a member here. Idc what you think of me, I was only sharing what I think of you guys.

I don't know why you have to be so negative about this? You don't know me and you are saying I'm BSing...? I expected more from you guys. I thought you guys said you are very smart compared to LMT and SoMF. TBH, so far I see nothing. I don't know where you're getting these ideas of me BSing from? I said that you guys are already teaching me a whole lot of lessons already....and you're calling this BS???

Please explain. I am praising this community, and you are calling this BS.

I don't understand.

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
Guys what do you mean?
I only said that I am learning. I'm praising this community. I'm saying that I'm glad to be a member here. Idc what you think of me, I was only sharing what I think of you guys.

I don't know why you have to be so negative about this?

Well, this community just had a troll here a few days ago and now this pops up. People are reacting negatively to your praise because they feel that it's not genuine. They assume you're going to continue doing what you've done thus far, and some are probably also thinking that you're just pulling their leg.

Nov 16, 2012
I assure you I'm genuine. I am no troll. I am here to learn, not waste your time. I'm serious for what I do, that's why I'm here :)
I understand your reasoning. It's ok.

Cheers, CardTrickster :D

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results