Take two *snap*

Apr 6, 2011
Lansing, MI
Here are some new tempo's and techniques I've been playing with. I would have done them in context, but I had a lot of ideas. Let me know of any that look particularly promising and I can do a video in context. I've been getting great reactions all day from the color changing deck routine, especially doing it signed.
[video=youtube;N_9OdicAdu8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_9OdicAdu8&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 1, 2007
Everything looks smooth, but the jump cuts were distracting, you never give enough time to let things sink in, and without an audience I have no idea what's going on half the time.

Apr 6, 2011
Lansing, MI
Yeah I apologize for the choppiness of the video.. the current video editing software that I'm stuck with is unbearable to deal with. But I really don't have much of a choice, my laptop cannot download, install, or execute new software. This Christmas though I should be getting a new laptop, and new software. I'm very excited. What I have right now is like the Windows ME of video editing.

I have a very hard time viewing this move impartially, its hard for me to tell how it looks to someone else. It's great to hear that it looks smooth, I cant tell if its blatantly obvious or actually pretty devious.

Aug 13, 2009
I came up with the same idea!

Using it as a kind of a color change is nice!
I used it as a force!
But my handling is a little bit different!

When I take the "card" out (in real the top card )I push the outjogged card also with the right hand in!
So the left hand only holds the deck, but the fingers of the left hand do not push the card in!
But I take the card not only with the thumb and indexfinger, I use alle the fingers and crab it!

And if you spread the cards, outjogge one, then close the spread loosly, so the cards are not 100% squared...its easier and more safe :)

Try this if you want!
Tell me what you think!
I can make a video of my version!

Sorry for my english!

Apr 6, 2011
Lansing, MI
Congrats Chris! I stumbled upon this a few months ago now and have just been trying to flesh it out and see what works best. What my goal with this was is to do the switch so openly that the thought never even crosses their mind that the cards could have switched. Due to that thinking, I really don't like the idea of using it as a color change, or of using more than just my index and thumb. However your suggestion on the spread is very nice; I have been using it as a force pretty regularly and I actually execute it mid spread, which is fairly awkward and risky, but very convincing. I can see however how closing the spread and leaving it a little messy could give you a lot of leeway in execution, great idea!

Also as to the take, I through that in there on this video a few times just to try it out, however most of the executions in this video, and every time in actual performance, I do the switch entirely with the right hand. And after seeing how it looks getting the left hand involved from these recordings, I think I'm just gonna stick to the right. Less motion, and I cant see any advantage to getting the left involved.

No worries on the English, entirely understandable. It's the ideas that count!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results