Can't catch The Spring

Oct 11, 2012
Bremen/Germany
I've been practicing The Spring like forever now but I can't seem to catch it. I got Genesis and form the catching hand exactly like Andrei shows it but I still can't catch the cards 'cause they land SO MESSY! *About to run against the wall* :mad:

Apr 6, 2011
Lansing, MI
How long have you been practicing for? I would suggest holding your hand to your chest, and aiming them at your chest directly above your hand, they will then bounce off and land fairly neatly. Once that is well practiced, move on to catching them in the hand, using your pinkie to do the job that your chest did. Your spring should not be aimed to land in your other hand, instead, aim for your pinkie and let them bounce off. That will guarantee little to no mess.

Oct 22, 2012
Dover, Tennessee
Lol,sorry, but you're catching them in the totally wrong direction from what I can tell. You've got them long ways in between your pinky and thumb. Turn the whole deck 90 degrees and try it. I'll send you a pic through email or something if you like... I have no idea how to add pics on this

wez

Dec 7, 2012
the problem must come from not how you catch the cards, but how your springing them! try springing from the corners and releasing from your thumb for a nice accurate spring....just play around with it and see what works best :D

Oct 11, 2012
Bremen/Germany
Yes, I played with this as well. I always sprung them from the corner but I figured out that I had a little too much pressure on them, so try to spring them a bit "softer" now!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results