Hello, Welcoming myself!

Dec 7, 2012
Canada
Hi all !!! :D

I'm glad I found a community related to Magic. I also found some other Magic-Websites, namely SoMF, LMT, etc. However I haven't registered on any others besides Theory11. I'll probably register on SoMF and LMT tommorow or over the weekend.

My interests in Magic are impromptu card tricks. My favourites are The Biddle Trick, Chicago Opener, Stigmata by Wayne Houchin (Terribly sad that he got burned :(), etc.

Favourite gimmicked are Invisible Deck, Brainwave Deck, Swami Gimmick, etc. I also love doing forces, and my favourite card forces are the Classic force, the Spread/cull force, and the Mirror force by Patrick Kun. My favourite Magicians are Wayne Houchin, Michael Ammar, David Blaine, Derren Brown, David Copperfield, etc.

Again I'm very glad I found you guys, and I hope I'll share and learn !!! :D

Cheers, Sleight of Cards

Last edited by a moderator:
Aug 16, 2011
Hi all !!! :D

I'm glad I found a community related to Magic. I also found some other Magic-Websites, namely SoMF, LMT, etc. However I haven't registered on any others besides Theory11. I'll probably register on SoMF and LMT tommorow or over the weekend.

My interests in Magic are impromptu card tricks. My favourites are The Biddle Trick, Chicago Opener, Stigmata by Wayne Houchin (Terribly sad that he got burned :(), etc.

Favourite gimmicked are Invisible Deck, Brainwave Deck, Swami Gimmick, etc. I also love doing forces, and my favourite card forces are the Classic force, the Spread/cull force, and the Mirror force by Patrick Kun. My favourite Magicians are Wayne Houchin, Michael Ammar, David Blaine, Derren Brown, David Copperfield, etc.

Again I'm very glad I found you guys, and I hope I'll share and learn !!! :D

Cheers, Sleight of Cards

Word of advice, since you have only registered here; stay away from sites like SoMF and LMT. You will only get bad advice, and if you mention those sites on reputable magic forums such as theory11, blue crown, the magic cafe, Ellusionist, etc. you will not make many friends. Those sites you mentioned about registering on do nothing to advance the art of magic, but only hurt our craft. All you will find on those sites are people trying to expose magic, and not trying to create magic. If you want good advice, and are serious about magic, then you will find a good home here at theory11, and the other legitimate magic sites I mentioned above. Welcome to theory11, and I didn't mean to welcome you with a lecture, but you have to understand that those sites only expose our art, and do nothing to progress it. Also, with sites like those, it can make the price of effects, and DVDs raise in price. Same thing they started doing with music, pretty soon they're going to have to DRM all the DVDs and downloads, which in turn costs more money to the customer.

Dec 7, 2012
Canada
Honestly, I had no idea they're Magic-exposing forums. Shame !!! ;O *Angry*
I thought they were something similar to this forum, but no. I ONLY heard about those forums, and have nothing to do with them. Looks like I'm not registering on SoMF and LMT :D

P.S. Exposing without any legal rights is not only frowned upon in Magic, it's frowned upon by the people who bought the effect, and especially to the creator. Shame shame shame. Someone close down those forums.

Aug 16, 2011
Honestly, I had no idea they're Magic-exposing forums. Shame !!! *Angry*
I thought they were something similar to this forum, but no. I ONLY heard about those forums, and have nothing to do with them. Looks like I'm not registering on SoMF and LMT :D

P.S. Exposing without any legal rights is not only frowned upon in Magic, it's frowned upon by the people who bought the effect, and especially to the creator. Shame shame shame. Someone close down those forums.

I like your attitude! Welcome to theory11, You'll fit in nicely :) I wish they would shut those sites down as well; but then you also have to worry about the people on youtube posting up exposure videos as well. It's a never ending battle.

Dec 7, 2012
Canada
I like your attitude! Welcome to theory11, You'll fit in nicely :) I wish they would shut those sites down as well; but then you also have to worry about the people on youtube posting up exposure videos as well. It's a never ending battle.

Got that right mate :-bd *Thumbs up* :D

Well it's a never ending battle, but we can try our best to help out. The Youtube thing is different, but we NEED to close these forums down. What's the point of them. Exposing Magic? Don't ya have the money to buy the trick? If you're a real magician (Which they aren't btw ;)) then you have to go and buy effects. Not wait for someone to reveal them online or even worse reveal them online yourself...?

Very very bad !!! *Sighs* :(

Disrespect to the Magic Community, Creators (Who worked so hard to create the effect), and Buyers (Like us).

P.S. You were right. The reason prices for effects are raised are because of this crap !!! ;O *Angry*
Not only that some people don't even release their effects, because they're afraid once they release it will be revealed online. Who knows the effect might have been a "gem" and wasn't released because of this.

In short these Magic-exposing forums cause the following:

1. Prices raised !

2. Effects NOT released !!

A nightmare !!!

Question: Is there any way to close down these forums? They are illegal by Magic standards. So what can we do?

Btw, how many members do we have? 10 000? More?

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results