One of My Creations - The WHITHER CHANGE

Sep 1, 2007
Calgary
www.hermitmagic.com
The angles are the same as the angles in the whither vanish. It is definitely practical for the real world, and I've checked extensively to see if it is original. So far, I have not found any record of a change even remotely like this in method, althought the APPEARANCE of it has been seen before. That is, of course, the point- to utilize the change in a stand-up setting while performing other JW-based moves. Since many changes happen with the hands palm up, I wanted one that stayed at eye-level.

Thanks for the comments guys!

Scott.

Sep 24, 2007
Great job Scott. If you were using a muscle pass, I can only imagine that you were using Kanoia's fingertip muscle pass, but that is obviously not the case.

-Chicken

I remember seeing scott at the last PCAM.... Damn crazy stuff, I think he was actually the one who showed me how to properly muscle pass. Hey Scott! aren't you gonna write a book of super hard coin magic some day?

Dec 2, 2007
I like it! Only one question... Is the name a pun, or did you mean wither, as in Apollo's wither vanish?

"Whither" means "to what place" as in:

Whither are we wandering?

While "wither" means "to cause to shrivel or fade".

Apollo talks about getting a manicure and using a clear coat on your nails so they are VERY shiny and catch the light. When done correctly the flash of the coin is replaced by the flash on the fingernails, and the coin "withers" away.

For your effect I actually like "whither" as it is a change rather than a vanish, but I'm not sure if that is what you meant. :)

Okay, I lied I have two questions... Have you tried combining the retention vanish with the muscle pass so they they happen roughly at the same time, with the hands still in the vertical retention position instead of the muscle pass happening a bit later with the hand in motion?

I started playing with that idea after I saw your video, and I think it may be possible, however I still can't do it yet and I'm sure it would take quite a while before it became anything close to natural, but I though I would ask you since it seems you are probably very close to being able to pull off something as technical as what I am proposing.

Great work on the change and thank you for sharing it!

-ThisOneGoesTo11

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results