Help creating a website!

Sep 1, 2007
Cornwall
A few weeks ago I created a thread seeing if anybody wants to help create a magic website for me, as a practice project. If you are a student, want to try new stuff etc (as I do not really have any money atm to pay lol)

But im willing to let you use your creativity!

I had a few replies last thread, but I didn't know my password and login information for the webpage that i purchased 6 months ago (got it all now though!)

So if anybody wants to work with me, create a decent webpage, please reply here or feel free to send me an email

reidbennett_@hotmail.com

Do you have a lot of content (pictures, videos, etc.)? I really like to incorporate the personal content into my designs, so let me know what you have. I'm also considering creating a magic website to let a few, select people showcase their talent and also sell their effects. It would be similar to Theory11, but much smaller. Let me know if you're interested in something like that. Also, if anyone else is interested, please reply.

Sep 1, 2007
Cornwall
I have a promo video, and some vids of my performances, but i am in the process of working out getting some professional photos taken, as well as short clips...adding vids and pics is easy compared to the overall layout and design of the website

but i am interested...i want something with a darker feel...not like goth, i mean like colour...sorta like t11

Nov 7, 2009
Paris, France
Quick heads up for anyone that might be willing to do this:

I saw OP's old thread and sent him an email, offering my help, for free of course. Never got an answer.

I think people should be more considerate when asking for something for free: at least have the decency to take the time to reply to the answers you have; if you don't, why on earth should we (the free worker) invest 10 fold that time for you ??

Sep 1, 2007
Cornwall
I apologise for not answering, i answered most of the emails i received, then realized i didnt have the proper login information to even access the webpage i purchased at the time, so i sorta left it aside until i got everything i needed.

Nothing personal..

Nov 7, 2009
Paris, France
I'm sure. Knowing T11's forum members are young, I thought my point could make a few think twice before asking something that is time consuming for others. Anyway, good luck.

Sep 26, 2007
Tokyo, Japan
In all honesty, put in the time to learn Wordpress. You will be glad that you did. Go to www.wordpress.com to sign up for a free site with an unlimited amount of free themes and just start messing around with the options. If you want to add something new but are not sure how, visit the forums at www.wordpress.org, or just google search and learn a bit of CSS/ HTML as you go. It might seem daunting at first, but I assure you, the first hurdle is the hardest.

If you get confident with the themes, how to edit them, how to create more visually appealing posts and pages, how to minimalize the site to match the content etc... then look into buying a domain and getting your site hosted.

Here are a few VERY different site layouts, all controlled by wordpress:

http://www.elegantthemes.com/demo/?theme=Convertible
http://www.elegantthemes.com/demo/?theme=Notebook
http://www.elegantthemes.com/demo/?theme=Flexible

etc...

And, of course these sample sites all have max content included to show what the possibilities are... your site does not need to be that complex.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results