Most Classic Deck?

Dec 25, 2012
What is the most classic/simple deck you've ever seen that still amazes you that does tricks/flourishes really well. Also the stock can be really nice too. :) Please post your opinions down below ^.^

Dec 25, 2012
I agree with that one xD. I want like decks that are really cool and classic like the background of LTD Decks. Are there any deck's backgrounds close to the ones of LTD's?

bentley

Elite Member
Nov 23, 2007
Simplistic deck would be the NOC deck from House of Playing Cards. They only have a white border and then full red, blue, or whatever color.

Dec 25, 2012
Know any other decks that can be counted as a "classic" like plaid back from dan and dave and there smoke & mirrors?

Dec 29, 2011
Know any other decks that can be counted as a "classic" like plaid back from dan and dave and there smoke & mirrors?

Neither of those are classic decks, plaid are designed to look classic, a bit of a modern twist on what some actual classic decks looked like, and smoke and mirrors are fancy modern custom decks.

But to answer your question, definitely Wynns, simple design, best handling cards I own, classic.

Last edited by a moderator:
Feb 4, 2008
I have to agree a bit with Wyatt. You are trying to combine the word "Classic" with decks that work well with modern flourishing. The problem is that modern flourishing(XCM, Cardistry, or whatever you want to call it) is just a little more than a decade old. Most of the true "classic" designs for decks are up to a hundred years old. If you are looking for a card that has a classic look but was designed more for a modern flourisher then I would recommend Anglo Rug back designs. Both Wynn's and J-nugs are older decks that had simple and bold designs that have appealed to modern flourishers.

So maybe if you could clarify what you mean? Do you want a simple design? bold design? are unique colors what you are after? or are you looking for classic designs from yesteryear that happen to look good with modern flourishes?

Dec 25, 2012
You know those decks like Smoke & Mirror/Expert At Card Table Erdnase Deck/etc. Those decks back designs are simple yet classical. I want decks that are similiar to those and flourish just as well. Also it has to be affordable :)

Dec 25, 2012
Also i like the boxes that are very simple and clean like charity water deck/ expert at table erdnase deck/ NOC deck/JAQK deck/etc.

Feb 4, 2008
well Stingers are about the exact same card as the EATCT decks. The design is still pretty simple. The old grey backs I liked better than the new red ones but same basic design.

Oct 23, 2012
Tampa,FL
Hey there,

I thought this was a rather interesting topic and would pitch in my own thoughts and notions.

In my opinion, Like some others have said before me, The NOC deck from HOPC is a very nice deck of playing cards. It handles fairly well and the back deisgn is stunning, yet rather simple. I personally think that cards with mostly color and no design look elegant and divine. Other decks that are similar in this aspect would be: Wynns, Ace Fultons,Smoke and Mirrors,etc.
Pursuing this further, some of the decks I listed above don't handle the best. But, if you're looking for a deck that won't raise questions for your spectator
(For Example- Using a custom deck that looks rather different, like a black deck, or the Artisans for example)
I would suggest that you use a regular pack of bicycle playing cards. It looks the most familiar to the spectator.
Just my two cents

:: Yousaf

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results