Erdnase Color Change

Dec 31, 2011
A few years ago, I decided that the Erdnase color change is the best one out there. Erdnase was a genious, and I really think that this "classic color change" is the best one out there. But, I don't have anyone to see how I perform it, so, could someone give me some suggestions? Thanks!
Here is my Performance:
[video=youtube;AO6MGAo1_9w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AO6MGAo1_9w&list=PLibqOvOAb_WGwtocoTdLLHmKgGfAs2Zt0&index=1[/video]

Sep 1, 2007
Belgrade, Serbia
Not many people can do Erdnase change flawlessly. The main problem that most people have, including you, is the first part, when you push the card forward, it's just too obvious that you are doing it. People may not know how you changed the card or made it vanish, but they can tell you moved it forward and then back.
Technically you have it down, but you are doing it too fast, way too fast. Slow it down. Erdnase color change was not meant to be visual (like shapeshifter or ego change), but mystical, at least in my opinion. Try to add some finesse to it instead of speed. Think of Eric Jones, Michael Vincent, Guy Hollingworth, Vernon, Vallarino, etc.

Dec 29, 2012
As Toby said the first part is too fast, it looks cramped. Trie to make it more fluently and smoother. You should slow it down.
I also would recommend to slide the the whole pack of card a little bit back, so if you push the first card forward, it is in the normal position of the mechanics grip.
I think the erdnase change can be done fast and visual. But only the end should be fast. But if do it fast the transformation has to be seen, so do not hide the whole the pack with your hands. But this needs alot of practice and timing and is more risky, so i would recommend doing the smooth hidden version

i hope you understand what i mean

Aug 14, 2010
Iowa
Honestly, your handling isn't as bad as I was expecting it would be, but I think that it definitely lacks a certain level of fluidity and deliberateness that a lot of people try to go for with this change.

Theory11's (FREE) video on this change is done very well; that's where I learned how to do it, and I highly recommend that you check it out as well. Naturally, you'll have to practice, practice, practice to get it down well, but I think that the video gives a good starting point, and Bayme's handling of the "how do I get the card forward" issue is top-notch.

http://www.theory11.com/tricks/classic-color-change-jonathan-bayme.php

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results