Mmm... Coin Bite

Sep 1, 2007
Cornwall
i got coin bite a few days ago (won a contest, got it free :) )
and man..this is the best coin thing ive ever done...people are so blown away by it

use a dublicate coin, false throws, let them handle it etc, then take a bite right out of it

Aug 31, 2007
Why is the 2 fold not good for coinbite? state your reason.

I guess that spectators would be given a little bit of time to see the bite where they might also see a faint, parallel line, below it. Personally, I use a Two-Fold for both Bottle Penetrations and Coin Bites. They are usually too taken aback by the bite to look closely at the rest of the coin.

Sep 1, 2007
2 Folds is better. Why get the 1 fold when you have 2. Your fingers can cover the 2nd fold while coinbite. Who would ever see the line? Switch it in the end.

Sep 1, 2007
Calgary
www.hermitmagic.com
You can bite the double-fold...

...twice. ;)

"I can taste the mint" - Get it? MINT! :)

Also, check out David Roth's FOLDING COINS THROUGH TABLE routine. I know it's in his Stars of Magic tapes, from way back when.

Scott.

Sep 1, 2007
Still can't decide whether to get it or not... I've had my eye on it for a while now, and just when I decide that I'm going to buy it, I change my mind!

-Brundo

I normally use the 2 fold to do the coin bite, and the coin in bottle never works for me. I know how to do the coin in bottle but it always breaks when I go to get it out. Is there anyway that I can not break it when coming out of bottle? :confused:

use a bottle like Corona (but the darker it is the better)

and when you want it out, tip it upside down (fast enough so it doesnt slide down)
and then it should come out.....
if not you can stick ur finger in there and pull it out

Sep 1, 2007
Worcester, UK
When i got my Coin bite it cost me £2 off a Ebay shop. It has served me well., the reaction you get is either pure amazment, or they do not know what to say.

Aug 31, 2007
Newton, MA
Still can't decide whether to get it or not... I've had my eye on it for a while now, and just when I decide that I'm going to buy it, I change my mind!

-Brundo

If you are able to do a coin switch then it is worth the money. I think being able to confidently switch the coin in and out makes the effect, as the actual biting is very simple. But letting them TRULY think it was their coin and they get it back....is just jaw dropping.

Adam

Jul 19, 2008
I normally use the 2 fold to do the coin bite, and the coin in bottle never works for me. I know how to do the coin in bottle but it always breaks when I go to get it out. Is there anyway that I can not break it when coming out of bottle? :confused:

David Roth has a neat idea of putting the folding coin in a funnel. That way the premise is you can't put a coin in a bottle without a funnel. The absurd presentation is actually pretty funny. Anyways, if you can get a funnel farther into the bottle (best to use a stubby bottle rather than a long neck), the folding coin will have less distance to fall and hopefully minimize the chances of breaking. I picked up a plastic funnel. It worked for me. Try it, I hope it works for you. And you could also double up on what holds the pieces together.

Chuck Norris doesn't do second deals. He doesn't do anything second.

Mar 29, 2008
Wow - coin bite...that is almost a self expanitory perspective on this effect.

Phenom - you know what...add "2 card monte" (actually called "Be Honest What Is It, by Eddie Fletcher" and the Balducci Leviatation to your act and people will say...you are like that Blaine guy. Wouldn't that be grand?

Personally, I prefer to offer effects that people don't see on re-runs - as there is so much magic out there, why do something that was popularized by a TV magician.

Good luck with your card through window.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results