after RRTCM...

Mar 9, 2011
Belgium
Hi,
I started doing card tricks a while ago, but I learned from YouTube for a while, and now I found my way to books. I just did RRTCM to learn/check some basics. Now I would like to continue reading card magic books. My first tought was to get Expert Card technique, but I don't know... Do I need such a hard moves like the bottom deal/second deal...? I'm not a gambler... OK you can do good magic with it but it would take at least years of practise to do it well I guess?
I'm searching actually for a book that is a bit harder than RRTCM, that has sleights, psychologics about yor audience AND HAS SOME GOOD TRICKS. I was quite disappointed in the tricks of RRTCM....
Maybe LORAYNE: THE CLASSIC COLLECTION, Vol. 1 ?
Can you guys please give your best option?
Thanks!
Bram

Last edited by a moderator:
Dec 29, 2011
Well at least your doing it the right way, are you specifically looking for card tricks?

I would also strongly encourage being a bit creative about it, find what you dont like about things you've already learned, and make it better, studying these big magic books by the word can limit your thinking in regards to magic technique a bit later on.

Mar 9, 2011
Belgium
Hi, thanks for your reply.
Yes, I would like to have a book with some better tricks. I'm happy I finished RRTCM because of the good basic sleight explanation, but I also want to add some tricks to my list of the good tricks...
Yes there are some sleights that look a bit sloppy, but I do them daily. I hope they will improve :)
Do you have a suggestion of a good book with good tricks that you liked?
Thanks!

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
I still do some tricks from RRTCM in every performance. It's about taking what you like and changing the method and/or performance until it's good to you.

Yes, some moves will take years to get good at. Welcome to magic. To paraphrase a great magician, "If you don't like to practice, find another hobby."

I would also say Expert Card Technique. But I'm also wondering how long you've spent with RRTCM. If you've just read it once and worked through each sleight once, you're not done with it. You need to study.

Jul 13, 2010
Maybe LORAYNE: THE CLASSIC COLLECTION, Vol. 1 ?
Can you guys please give your best option?
Thanks!
Bram
Classic Collection 1 is not a bad choice. It contains some really good stuff which is, technically, easy to do.
For other strong effects, most in the reach of the intermediate magician:
- "A book in English"(Woody Aragon)
- "Dear Mr.Fantasy"(John Bannon)
- "52 Memories"(Jack Parker)
- "One degree" (John Guastaferro)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results