What is a good cheap camera?

Aug 25, 2012
I don't want to spend a ton of money around 200 or less is what is ideal for me.. But what is a nice portable camera with good render settings is suitable for on the go I could put in a backpack? I really want to start filming but don't know what I should get.

Jan 22, 2012
I would say Flip. I hear they are really good but they are discontinued. If you can find one GET IT! It has surprisingly nice quality.

bentley

Elite Member
Nov 23, 2007
Kodak Playtouch is nice. They "killed" the flipcam. It takes great video but takes ok pictures. I love it. You can put the video straight from the camera to the computer as it has the USB on the camera. Small for on the go and although they don't make them anymore you can find them easily on Amazon. I found a site that sells lenses and stuff for it as well which makes it look even better.

Oct 13, 2012
Lithuania
If you need it only for filming your tricks then all the listed above are ok. If you need it for something else, then, please, be ready to pay more. I personally bought Nikon d3100, but I'm really into photography and filming, but results are stunning!

Apr 6, 2011
Lansing, MI
If you spend your money on anything besides a GoPro you are making a mistake. Unless your number one priority is manual functionality, no other camera/camcorder comes close. I have extensively used a hero1 and its video and photo quality is absolutely stunning. However, using the hero3 is nuts. It puts anything else on the market to shame. 12 mp. 1440p default recording. does slow mo, motion capture, speed capture, can be mounted or placed anywhere. I cannot stress enough how ridiculous GoPro's are. Although I must admit, I have yet to try filming anything for magic.

Nov 21, 2012
United States
I think GoPro's are nice as well, for their high quality at a low (in terms of cameras) price. The only downside of a GoPro in my opinion is you need to buy an additional tripod mount if you want to use a tripod with it. Also, the fisheye effect is a hassle, but luckily it can be removed using software.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results