Designing and making my own cards

Oct 15, 2012
Hey guys!.
My name is Valdimar Jenko and I do allot of graffiti, I have been doing it for around 11 years. I'm 15, I did it since i was 4 years old.

Anyways, what I wanted to ask. Is that, how can i create my own deck of cards?. Like I see those ''Love me'' decks and other really good looking decks, that are of course designed by some artist or magician. And Zach Mueller made he's own deck of cards that are called Fontaine. How did he make them?

I found out it's possible to create your own deck of cards on www.Zazzle.com But the only problem is that, the cards that people create from there looks cheap (not because of the design) and is very expensive, its 20 dollars for 1 deck and also the cards don't have the air cushion finish as the bicycle or any other.
I hope I can get an answer from someone who knows, so how did Zach mueller design and make he's own? And David Blaine, and all the other people!.
I'm also a serious magician, I do practice from 5 to 8 hours everyday!

Jan 29, 2011
The District
I think many of us have had the idea "Ooh, I'd love to have my own custom deck". Reality in the form of the cost squashes a lot of those thoughts. :p

Here you go, I did your research for you; the US Playing Card Company's Custom Cards info page:
http://www.usplayingcard.com/pages/custom_cards/10.php
Indeed if you're looking for a run of less than 100 decks, their link points to Zazzle.

If you're an artist, have you considered buying an all-blank-on-both-sides deck to design with Sharpies yourself? Or a blank-backed deck to draw your own backs? Or a Bicycle backed, all-faced deck to just draw your own faces? I did that many years ago, with green shamrocks in place of Clubs. That was a one-off deck by me of course, as the time to draw each card by hand kind of prevents mass production. (Then again, if you're 15 and practice magic 5-8 hours a day... on top of school?... maybe you have plenty of time?)

Oct 15, 2012
I found also some websites, I just really hate that if i want to make 1 deck, it is gonna cost around 18 dollars , and its fine.. But if I'm gonna buy 2,500 decks, then each is gonna be 2 dollars.. I just want to make around 100 but 100*18 = 1.800 dollars. I do also graphic designs, so I'm gonna use photoshop to create it!

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
I don't know how often Theory 11 takes outside designs, but I do know E rarely does. As said above, this is the reality of creating a custom deck. It's not cheap.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results