Saturday Night Contest - Roundtable with Spidey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 11, 2010
Denmark
What is your opinion on mixing mentalism and magic?
-Can they work together and should they?

What is your opinion on mentalism props?
-What works best, what dilutes the effect, what strenthens the effect.

What do you draw inspiration from when creating new effect?

What is the happiest moment that you can remember where magic played a huge role?

What is your favorite type of reaction to get from a spectator?

Sep 8, 2012
What originally intrigued you to get into mentalism rather than other forms of illusion?

Where does your inspiration come from when coming up with tricks?

theSunnyG

Elite Member
Mar 3, 2012
Every mentalist has their favourite book test, which is yours and why?

What is your creative process for a mentalism effect?

- Do you work backwards i.e. how you wan't the final 'bang' to be and work backwards for the method, or do you apply existing methods and try and come up with a result?

Last edited by a moderator:
Oct 6, 2012
1. What advice to you have to a magician who is having trouble connecting with an audience in mentalism effects?
2. How do you come up with new effects and what is your process of creating and perfecting them
3. What's your favorite deck of cards?

Aug 10, 2012
Hi Spidey,

Aside from magic, I heard that you also an expert on NLP (Neuro Linguistic Programming) and hypnosis which made you famous on the internet for hypnotizing a police offer to let you off of a ticket back in Montreal. My question to you is, what are your thoughts on another branch of "suggestive work" such as "energy healing" or "chi"?

Oct 23, 2011
Hey !

1) how do you know when the effect you created is 'complete' (as in ready for release etc ...) ?
2) you create effects , do you find the ideas or does the ideas find you ?
3) how do you deal with hecklers ?

Tofusauce

Elite Member
Dec 29, 2012
Ok Spidey do you think that doing mentalism is kind of ballies/ kind of risky that sometimes that it wont work or you get caught

May 30, 2010
Australia
In your previous releases you mentioned that your passion is combining Psychology and Attraction with your own brand of Magic to create something entirely revolutionary to contribute to our community. In this modern world, does advancements in technology and psychological studies affect the way we magicians apply the principles you establish for the art?Why?..thanks Spidey

Jul 17, 2010
1. How important is Magician fooler type tricks to you? or do you mainly focus on social dynamic type effects?
2. I like to know your thoughts on the PUA world, and would you consider yourself a PUA (pickup Artist)? This is strictly going on your DVD focusing on social interactions, you have some familiarity into the type of content PUA's talk about.
3. Presentation is a big part of mentalism, Do you come up with the presentation first? or method? I only ask cause sometimes a presentation can come off as corny, magic or mentalism. mainly mentalism.

Feb 9, 2011
I must first say that I really miss Roundtable discussions. Alright, for my questions...

Spidey...
Do you think magicians are born as opposed to them being "made" or developed?
What, do you think, essentially turns a person into a magician or a mentalist?

rob_tabris

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2011
Hey Spidey:

- What was the event that mark the before and after in your "Mentalist's Life"?

- Who Magician/Mentalist do you admire?

- Which person would you like to perform for?

SpydrWebb

Elite Member
Dec 27, 2012
Would you say that Psycho was one of your best effects, and can we expect something as amazing, or even more in 2013?

Aug 19, 2009
1. How to build the "persona" that you will show to your audience to make them believe that you are a metalist?
2. What are the things to consider in creating a mentalism effect?
3. Why did you choose mentalism?

Thanks! :)

Nov 14, 2011
St. Louis, MO
1. Who were your inspirations in magic / mentalism?
2. What is one thing you wish you knew when starting that you know now?
3. What is your number one piece of advice to people who are experienced in magic, but would like to go deeper into mentalism?

Thanks for you time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results