Saturday Night Contest - Roundtable with Spidey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 10, 2013
Where did you get your name from and what does it mean or represent/symbolize about you?
What is your favorite kind of ice cream?
When did you start really getting into powerful magic effects, such as Psycho?

Jan 7, 2012
What was your biggest slip up during a show and how did you recover?
What's your most embarrassing magic related story?

S_Darth

Elite Member
Jan 20, 2013
India
1. What is your all time favourite mentalism trick?
2. How do you come up with your amazing effects?
3. Why did you choose mentalism over other forms of magic?

Sep 15, 2012
1. has anyone slapped you after performing a mentalism trick with them?
2. have you been told that you worship the devil? :D
3. what drives you to make such awesome mentalism tricks?

Sep 29, 2012
1. Is mentalism all you do or do you like other types of magic as well?
2. How long does it take you to perfect a trick?
3. What is your creative process?

Dec 29, 2012
1. I am assuming that you prefer mentalism over other types of magic(I.E Card magic, Coin magic). Would you say this is true?

2. If the above question is true, then how come? Why do you prefer mentalism?
Thanks!
Joshua

Ay yo Spidey.
Since everyones posting their questions, I wont miss the chance and post mine :)
1. It is essential for a performer to obtain emotional link and meaning between what you do and your audience, to make them remember you and to have impact on them. Id like to hear your thoughts on this subject. Its interesting to know if you use , or are there any existing techniques to do that.
2.It is easy to guess taht you are against psychics and supernatural phenomena.Though there are some mentalism effects, which are hard to present as pure psychological demonstrations, but they are very effective. Are you aware of any other solutions to presentational aspect of such routines other than saying "This is what psychic would do... "?
3.I am not afraid to call you one of worlds leading menatlists. Performance of good magic and mentalism act must have a message and meaning. Philospohical approach, in other words. And I know that you are performing shows very frequently, plus I am 100% sure that youre well read magician. So whats the message Spidey is trying to send? Why is he doing what he does? Whats lying inside his soul?
Hope at least one of my questions will catch your attention.
Magically,
-Sur.

Aug 25, 2012
What do you find most difficult about performing?

How do you make things more interesting when performing, what do you say?

How much wood could a woodchuck, chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
Time is up, and the podcast has been posted! Thank you to EVERYONE who submitted questions for this event. Really spectacular. We tried to get through as many questions as possible in the podcast, and we talk about magic, mentalism, and Spidey's work - past and present. Listen in to hear Spidey's insight to the world of mentalism and what to expect coming soon from Spidey in the weeks ahead:

http://www.theory11.com/roundtable-discussions.php

As part of this event, one random member whose question was asked in the podcast will take home a six-pack of Artisans and a pre-release video of Spidey's next release (24 hours before the public release). Our winner this week is MagicMan07 for his post number 66. Congrats on the win, and enjoy your prizes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results